Recent content by jboles

  1. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    3 month anniversary. To say this is the slowest recovery time out of 4 TKR’s , 3 for the right, is an understatement! As my PT said yesterday, this poor right leg has had so much trauma inflicted upon it for the last seven years that it’s going to be a tough recovery. I keep trying to unbox my...
  2. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I had my first PT appointment with my new therapist. It went really well. She explained each exercise and what muscle it was targeting. She’s not working on ROM at all just strengthening hips and quads for balance. I had a tibia stress fracture 5 years ago and have had a lot of shin pain with...
  3. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    @sistersinhim and @Layla thank you both for answering my questions. It’s really comforting know that I can reach out with questions and concerns and you will be there to offer advice and support :) :-) (: I just had my assessment with the new physical therapist. I really liked her! She’s...
  4. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I actually sent a note to my doctor today about the heat that I’m still having in my knee. Is this normal for 2 months after surgery? I don’t remember it being as warm/hot with my prior replacements this far along in recovery. I hate to be such a worry wart, but I’m just so over this:boohoo:
  5. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    @sistersinhim I did the both the skin test locally and blood test with Orthopedic Analysis in 2017 before my first TKR. With this being a second revision the physician said that he would have to use an implant from Smith and Nephew that had a titanium stem for stability and he suggested that I...
  6. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Just wanted to do a quick 2 month update. I have an appointment with a different PT department this Thursday morning. I’m dreading and looking forward to it. I want to hear what they have to say. I don’t know what I’ll do with their suggestions, I guess I’ll just wait and see how it goes. Before...
  7. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I had my six weeks checkup with the orthopedic surgeon on the 28th. He pulled, pushed and pressed all over my knee and leg, ouch… afterwards he was extremely pleased with my progress. Extension 0 and ROM is 130. He said that was almost unheard of with a second revision. He was furious at my PT...
  8. jboles

    Knee Infection* Post op knee pain from extended stems

    Hi @alberta I’m sorry you’re experiencing this pain. I’m 5 weeks out of a 2 nd revision of my right knee. When they did X-rays at 2 weeks the tech commented that I had long stems. I knew that I was more sore in my shin than my knee. I guess that explains it. I will say that for the most part...
  9. jboles

    Revision TKR Right Knee Revision

    I’m 5 weeks out from a second revision of my right knee. I agree with you that a revision is so much harder. At 5 weeks I’m just beginning to believe that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and not a Mack truck that has ran over my leg. And yes I mean leg, because my whole leg hurt! Hang...
  10. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    @Jockette that just stinks:boohoo:i totally understand losing trust in the medical system
  11. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    @Jockette I’m so sorry that your knee isn’t doing any better, are you looking at having a TKR? You’re correct it has been a long 6 years since my original RTKR was done. I’m so afraid it’s going to be like the previous 2 surgeries, I seem to progress the first 4 weeks or so then I just stop...
  12. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I sure wish my family was as understanding. I know they don’t mean to say hurtful things and I know that I’m overly sensitive but it’s been a very long month. I pray for improvements in this next month. I feel like I’m at a standstill in my recovery. I...
  13. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I tried walking with my cane on Thursday and it seemed to be fine at the time but…yesterday and today my knee is really sore and to top it off I twisted my back in the shower yesterday, so it was back to the walker for me. This made me so depressed and then my hubby told me to stop my pity...
  14. jboles

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Today is my one month knee anniversary. I feel like I’m making good progress. I won’t say great because I’m still not walking without a walking aid. Either a walker or cane. Therapy has been totally different than anything prior. They aren’t focusing on range of motion but instead they are...
  15. jboles

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    You’ve really been through it. Prayers that the infection clears up and you can have the second stage of surgery :prayer:
Back
Top Bottom