Recent content by jasminesmom

  1. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    Hello bonesmart family! Sorry it’s been so long since I last dropped in to say helloooo. Jaz is doing amazing and hasn’t had any problems since her op, her scars are fading and conversations about her hip are becoming infrequent. Sams also fine with no signs of any of the problems jaz went...
  2. jasminesmom

    SCFE problems ongoing (three years post op)

    Can I ask what Hospital he is under in Wales? With the help of this site, advice from jo regarding jaz' rights, I had the strength to demand a second opinion. I was told jaz would have to wait until she stopped growing. I think keep growing for longer than girls. We got to the stage where we...
  3. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    @FiFiTrixy whether you were given alternative options (femoral reconstruction). We certainly were given options... 'conservatively wait' which was bull... a hip fusion, which sounded Victorian. From what I remembered it was a form of torture that would've severely limited the movement of her...
  4. jasminesmom

    14 year old SUFE needs a hip replacement

    Sorry I missed this. I seem to only get notifications if you tag me into them. Please tag me in for any future Ines and I'll drop by. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  5. jasminesmom

    SCFE problems ongoing (three years post op)

    I've been away for such a long time now... I feel bad that I haven't dropped in for quite a while to this amazing community, but do you know why that is? Because our lives finally returned to normal. It's been nearly two years since jaz had her hip replacement and she's now fast approaching 17...
  6. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    jazzy B update. My amazing daughter smashed her exams and passed 9 GCSE's. I'm so proud of her. She's not in the top bands in school and has never found her school work easy. She's worked her socks off this year and has achieved such fantastic high marks. I fought so hard (with help from you...
  7. jasminesmom

    Teenager hip replacement after AVN

    Hi, I'm jasmines mom who went through this not that long ago. Your daughter may not be able to communicate just how much pain she is in. Jaz was in excruciating pain for a long time and it was heartbreaking every day and I felt useless and unable to help. The many members on this site and in...
  8. jasminesmom

    THR 15 year old has first new hip

    Jaz was off school nearly 50% of the time over three years. Here we were entitled to a home tutor which really helped Jaz get through her exams. She's done really well and actually had some excellent pass marks already and the rest will be posted in late August. School work can be caught up with...
  9. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    Thanks guys xxx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. jasminesmom

    THR 15 year old has first new hip

    Read all your posts and was like stepping back in time for us. In particular my heart skipped a few beats when I read this posted by you. "But then I think about how he has already been affected by this and what the next couple of years may look like with him not wanting to participate in any...
  11. jasminesmom

    We need to save this site!

    I gladly donated to bone smart. It wasn't a large donation but I hope to donate again at the end of the summer. Without bone smart I would've gone insane. Helping to understand, be guided through and look after my young daughter who needed so much help with her hip, i was lost and bone smart and...
  12. jasminesmom

    THR Maya's recovery thread

    Fantastic update xxx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. jasminesmom

    THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

    Posting a bit squiffy - Thursday night is parents night! its been a while since our last update.. Honestly, I'm trying to work and earn as much as I can before another family member develops a hip problem that I may have to give my life up for.. Jasmine had her prom night last night-eek!!! I...
Back
Top Bottom