Recent content by Janiebee1

  1. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Dear Elf1 Thank you. Yes, certainly am own worst enemy sometimes x
  2. J

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    Strangely I have just put a post up about similar problem I am 6 months out and like you I live in an area with a lot of slopes. I had lot of pain too. So haven't walked far for a while. I was having physio and doing the exercises she set me. Found them hard going, but pushed through. Then got...
  3. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Update from having pop in hip. Started seeing an osteopath for the sciatica. Two sessions in and already helping. Also, pulled my hip every which way and said its solid. Phew. Doing gentle exercises that get better results than physio. Very easy to do. Said physio exercises pushed me too far too...
  4. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Just to update. Went to bed, got up once. A few twitches but such relief to finally sleep without pain and restless leg.
  5. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Yes.going weekly.
  6. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Just back from 1st appointment with osteopath. Fantastic. Pushed, pulled every which way but amazing. My biggest problem he says is me!!! I am allowing anxiety to rule me and I go into protect mode which makes pain worse. So I was given some gentle exercise to start with and walk little and...
  7. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Off to osteopath this morning. I'm so over this pain and restless legs. Hip4life, thank you for your comments. I think have got in a vicious cycle as been lying down way too long in the day. I will try to walk a bit more.
  8. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    I have been sleeping on sofa for last couple of weeks. Mattress on my bed needs changing to a firmer one. I have a back support cushion for sitting plus a firm one too.xx
  9. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Thank you. I do ice and heat. It's worse at night. I am just worried the pain in my op hip has set me back by not moving much.
  10. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Advice needed please. Five months post op. Last couple of weeks I have been laid up with sciatica in nonop leg. Pain, restless legs, and feet twitching. So have done very little walking. I've been doing my gentle exercises. I have developed pain in op leg now. Feet twitches, some restless...
  11. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    I have really bad sciatica at the moment and restless leg.joy of joys.consequently I haven't been able to walk very much and can only do gentle exercises.was doing weight bearing yesterday and heard a little pop.hip is sore but sciatica causing that I think.i am 5 months post op.before this...
  12. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Thank you so much.xx
  13. J

    THR Advice please for groin spasms

    Hi Layla. Been ups and downs for me. I have been walking without assistance for a few weeks now. Back issues have caused me problems which means some days I do very little. Not walking as much as I should. Have physio exercises daily as muscles still weak. Hip still causes pain at times and bone...
Back
Top Bottom