Recent content by Janet

  1. J

    Please help 29 year old patient!

    Hey Ginny! Keep Moving! Keep exercising as much as you can tolerate - this is the best thing you can do in 'layman's language'. With as much as you do now, you're likely in the best place you can be for pre-surg. However, look online for advice and exercises for THR - Try the Amer. Orthopedic...
  2. J

    knee pain prior to hip replacement

    Hi Ginny! Believe me - You'll never regret getting the THR. No more pain! You'll be walking with NO PAIN, enjoying life again! Plan on 4-6 weeks of 'light' recovery (meaning that you'll probably feel pretty good but will be slowed down by crutches and a few restrictions) but you'll find...
  3. J

    I am in pain and cant seem to get the right help

    So sorry to hear of your doc and insurance woes! Have you considered contacting your insurance company directly to see if they could offer you any assistance in finding a willing surgeon?
  4. J

    Night sweats following surgery

    Oh Yeah! Keeping in mind that I'm post menopausal myself, I thought that my hormones were raging - or something like that. Turns out that it wasn't that - it was 'different' somehow. My guess is that the various meds were working their way out of my body. The sweats resolved after 2 weeks...
  5. J

    anyone experience hamstring or calf pain

    Similar issue reported by me to my phsical therapist. My legs ache from time to time as well and was told not to do any PT after 4pm, no caffeine and that mild heat applied to the hamstrings may help. They do...
  6. J

    3 weeks post THR

    Had Right THR on 11/20 and I'm shocked to say that I feel pretty darned good! Was discharged on 11/24, then bounced back to the ER on 11/26 with some kind of stomach virus that got me admitted for another 3 days. Before that 2nd admission I was sure that I should just be put out of my misery...
  7. J

    The Best Decision of my Life

    Two weeks to go until my own right hip replacement and I find this posting. I am completely anxiety-ridden trying to tie up loose ends at work and figure out how I can get by on only 3 weeks' pay - but WHOO-HOO FOR YOU! That is SO fantastic - it gives me incredibly good feelings of hope. I...
  8. J

    How Long 'til Normal?

    Thanks so much pt109. Everything you've told me both here and my other posting has been just what I needed to hear. I'm looking forward to walking again with no pain/limp/waddles. I never in my life thought that I'd take such a normal,simple function like putting one foot in front of the...
  9. J

    How Long 'til Normal?

    I'm busy prepping mind, body and home for right hip replacement in November. I've received all kinds of info from my doc, but nothing about the long-term effects like: how long until you can bend at more than a 90 degree angle? How long until you can sit comfortably in a chair at work? How...
  10. J

    An Accountant's Story

    Thanks for the advice. My husband will be happy that I don't have to 'retire' the high bed frame. I already use a little step stool to get on it - I feel ridiculous - but trying to do a running jump would be more so considering I only limp around these days. I've been eyeing a nice Berkline...
  11. J

    An Accountant's Story

    Thanks PT109. I appreciate your reply and your advice. I have 4 months to worry this to death, so hopefully I can work on the leg lifts, etc. and 'get ready'. I have to ask you a question though - you and many other comment that you slept or were most comfy in your recliners. I've heard...
  12. J

    Difficulty after 3 months

    Hey there Ganganto! You are one tough cookie! You've taken on quite a lot for both yourself and your hubby. Keep up the good work - and make sure YOU speak with your husband's doc ASAP. Sounds like he needs some help with that expected depression. Taking care of him will help you both. He'll...
  13. J

    An Accountant's Story

    Hi Everyone! I'm on a personal improvement mission. A year ago it was gastric bypass (lost over 100 lbs) and now THR since I lost all that weight and now need a way to expend the boundless energy! I'm thrilled by the prospect of being able to walk again without pain - you know, going to the...
Back
Top Bottom