Recent content by jane1022

  1. jane1022

    Hip Infection* problem

    Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing.
  2. jane1022

    Hip Infection* problem

    @clodaghcov, I just want to add my prayers and thoughts; I keep coming back to this site to read updates and hoping for the best for you, very much so. We all admire your fortitude and the dozens of ways you continue to enjoy your life despite obstacles and setbacks. Thinking of you today from...
  3. jane1022

    THR KPratt in recovery

    Hi, I also have EDS. I don't know what surgical approach was used in your surgery, but if you have EDS, you should seriously follow the hip precautions until you are far along in the healing process. I am not the expert here, but I'm being very conservative about resting, icing, following hip...
  4. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    I am wearing the only slip-ons I have. I will order a new pair. Definitely my gait has changed. For one thing, I had a one-inch leg length discrepancy before the surgery, and the surgeon added a half-inch of height (purposefully), so that now the discrepancy is only a half-inch. But I've...
  5. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to post my x-rays. I have a CD/DVD. I have no reader on my computer. A friend has one, and she's going to let me use hers. Once we put the cd into the drive, then what happens? I did some internet searching, and found one article that says most...
  6. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    Certainly all that was true with my other hip. Injured in PT very early on; that set me back considerably (I pulled a muscle). At two and a half months, I was still walking with a cane outside (though it was more of a precaution then). Nine years later, it's solid and not painful at all, and...
  7. jane1022

    THR Pain and lax ligaments hip etc

    Hi Hyper, (I know you must have a real name!!) Yes—I do have pain. I work closely with my doctors and take a combination of long- and short- acting painkillers. (Yes, opiates, though I try to minimize the amount). I also take Tylenol, which is quite helpful. I also take Gabapentin. I cannot...
  8. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    Hi Anny, Yes, it truly was a lovely weekend, and I felt no pain (or very little) then--only two and a half weeks out! I am certain you are right about my gait and the back spasms, and I'm not really stressing about them. I have anti-spasmodic meds and I'm taking them. My worries are...
  9. jane1022

    THR Pain and lax ligaments hip etc

    Hello, hyper hip; I also have EDS and have had two hip replacements. The first (left) was successful, and the second (right) was only a bit over 3 weeks ago. It sounds like you are in pain and not certain what is hurting? Are you afraid something is wrong with your replaced hip? What do...
  10. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    Thank you, @Layla. Lying here post-dinner, covered in ice...
  11. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    Hi, I'm wondering whether I can get some advice on my recovery. I'm three and a half weeks post-op. I have EDS. As I mentioned earlier, my last hip replacement was complicated by too-enthusiastic PT, so I've really avoided doing much PT this time, and have been trying to take a modest walk...
  12. jane1022

    Hip Infection* problem

    I am new but have just read your entire thread, slowly and carefully, the past two evenings. I want to add, along with others, my sincere wishes for a successful journey through this discouraging setback. I am slowly recovering from a right THR and have had numerous orthopedic surgeries (many...
  13. jane1022

    THR THR recovery with Ehlers Danlos syndrome

    Hi folks, I had a PM conversation with Sistersinhim, about the fact that I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome (EDS) and offering to be a resource to anyone who's been recently diagnosed. I had all of my surgeries knowing I had EDS, and so far with this new hip (knock wood), I have not had major...
  14. jane1022

    THR Dislocation mid flight

    Hi Annie, I have EDS and have had several successful joint replacements, including one hip in 2009 and one just this past May 29 (so too early to say, with this one!). Please feel free to PM me. The key I think is to find a surgeon who is experienced with complex hip and knee...
  15. jane1022

    TKR Help please - I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

    Michele, I think I can help here. I have HEDS and a have had a knee replacement. Having EDS is hard, but you can have a reasonable life AND a successful joint replacement--IF it is done by a surgeon who has at least some experience with EDS, knows you have it, and knows what prosthesis to use...
Back
Top Bottom