Recent content by jandoh

  1. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    @kneeper - thanks for your advise and support. I will strive to 'listen' to my body - it's just so hard. It's great to be in such company, where you can be reminded from time to time what you should be doing. As humans, we tend to go astray sometimes. Thanks once again.
  2. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    Thanks, Celle. But this knee was revised in October 2015, with an MUA in December of last year. Does it still require another year of recovery? I can't help but think that I am done with the bend - still at 85 after almost three years. It is just rock hard, as if something is blocking it...
  3. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    I am now wondering whether the length of the implant has anything to do with problematic knees. My left knee (the problem one that won't bend) has one of these long stems. Indeed a lot of foreign objects in the bone. If there were to be a revision (not that I am looking forward to one anytime...
  4. jandoh

    Revised PKR to TKR 12 months later but can’t find my thread

    I am saddened to read your post; I try to read all posts but on the contrary, I like, if anything at all, to read posts of individuals who have had a difficult journey - that is where I get my inspiration from. Knowing that someone has had a difficult journey but against all odds, has pulled...
  5. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    Hello Admin, sorry to be a nuisance but I was trying to change my thread title to include my right knee but after reading through the “Help on this Forum” it would appear that I am one of those who don’t have the Thread Tools showing. Would it be possible to change my thread title to “Limited...
  6. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    Hello Bone Smarties! I pray you are all doing well. I haven't posted in a while (though I catch up on new posts every night - my new found therapy!) so thought to update you all of my progress. I am 16 weeks post right knee revision surgery today and the one thing I notice is common to us all...
  7. jandoh

    MUA Kimber PT Update

    Wow! I like that you kept this record - wish I had done the same. Will do for my right knee which is 3 months today. But how do you measure your ROM by yourself? Please share. Many thanks. T
  8. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    Oh dear! And she has all these "sheep" to look after, as well as herself. Wishing her a speedy recovery - thanks for the update.
  9. jandoh

    Glue vs staples

    I cried too, with every staple removal on my left knee replacement. So when I had to do a revision, I begged for glue - and this was awesome. But could you have imagined my disappointment when I had my latest revision surgery on the right knee, only to find our that this had been stapled...
  10. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    It would be nice to get a response from Josephine; I guess she's been really busy because I haven't had much luck in hearing from her. All the same, reading up on the various topics and stories gives me hope and helps me move along. Thank you all so much - have a wonderful and blessed weekend.
  11. jandoh

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Wow! Your post is very inspiring - I am almost jealous. How I wished my left knee would bend enough so I can exercise on the bike; hopefully in time this will happen. Really nice to hear that you’re doing so well. Keep it up!
  12. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    I thought I have had difficulty with my left knee which still refuses to bend any further than 85 degrees after almost two years since my revision surgery (and MUA). But having read the thread of @patsortho, I am lost for words, and humbled! Update on my left knee: I saw my surgeon last...
  13. jandoh

    Revision TKR Revision again

    @patsortho I have followed and read (up to date) your thread on the challenges and struggles you have faced with your knee. I am truly sorry that you have had to endure so much; I thought I have had a bad time with my left knee surgery (plus MUAs and revision) until I read your thread. I see...
  14. jandoh

    Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

    @Jordon6 thanks for the update. Seeing my PT again today so will discuss the dry needling further - I am wanting to opt out at this stage since mine is well over 2.5 years ago now. Many thanks once again.
Back
Top Bottom