Recent content by JanB

  1. JanB

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    @Cynthia777 -- thanks for the well-wishes, that is so funny about the dreams. Glad to know I am not alone ! I think there is part of me that is panicked and another part that is empowered knowing I will do something to get beyond the pain and start to get my life back..... Anyway, thanks...
  2. JanB

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    Pre op is the WORST time of the whole process; you're dealing with anxiety and uncertainty while in difficult-to-control pain, with limited mobility and trying to run your "real life" concurrently. Post op we give ourselves permission to NOT try and do it all - allowing ourselves time to heal...
  3. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    hi @gregsohappy; wow, glad the first surgery went so well, how brave you are to have the 2nd one done so soon !!! You must be feeling MUCH better to make that decision,,,,,I wish you the best... please keep us posted !
  4. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    THREE MORE DAYS !!!! how long will you be in the hospital?? Then we "graduate" to post-op THR's !
  5. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Welcome to this group @ploganea; what a birthday it will be for you ! I turned 60 in August and am having a THR on September 1st,,,,I do feel like it will be empowering. I've always been super active, now I can barely hobble around the house. I am in a lot of pain, and just want to get back...
  6. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @Kim22,,,thanks for the kind words; for me the steroid shots worked really well, until they didn't. Mobil and a high Ibuprofen diet barely touched the pain but now they are out because, glory be,,,,I am in the last 10 days before surgery !!! This entire experience has been very humbling...
  7. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    hi Mimi#51...you have been through a lot,,,,,so sorry you are practically bedridden. I am in immense pain also, humbled beyond belief, although I had 3 steroid shots--the first 2 worked really well. My job wa also standing on my feet for hours, the pain became unbearable. So my surgery is...
  8. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @CricketHip,,,, the anterior approach on September1st. One night in hospital. There was someone in my "joint class" that was having a THR with a surgeon who does the posterior approach and the guy was getting really mad....("why do I have all these precautions that she doesn't have?" " why...
  9. JanB

    THR September 1st

    hi PegGene...I live close to Washington DC and have been working at the ambulatory care part of George Washington Univ for awhile...so, I am having the surgery their (at GWU). Partially for insurance reasons, partially because I know the doctor from their and I know the anesthesiologists. I...
  10. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @PegGene,,,thanks..... I know exactly what you mean about weaning off meds and not realizing how much the "little pill" did until it is......not. ugh. Which, btw,,,only makes me realize how much I am resolved to having the surgery. 100 years ago it would have been a life sentence of pain...
  11. JanB

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    @CricketHip---thanks for your reply and yes, the forum is already helping.... it is so nice to connect with people in the same situation. It doesn't feel so lonely.
  12. JanB

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    @CricketHips...I like your name, funny. Ya gotta laugh sometimes. I am having a RTHR September 1st in Washington DC. I turned 60 in August and need my first joint replacement less than a month later---- Oh, well, am looking forward to being "refurbished." Like an old car, occasionally...
  13. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @BumbleB ,,, sadly, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My doc didn't bother to mention this (the pain) ,,,but I suspected since I was on a high Ibuprofen diet combined with Mobic.... yes I miss my Mobic. (sounds like a blues tune, which is what it feels like)
  14. JanB

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @BumbleB---yes,,,,over and out of pain. I am in the final 10 days and my doc's office said absolutely no Ibuprofen, Aspirin, arthritis meds or anything that could affect blood clotting,,,,and Tylenol does NOTHING for me. Can not wait to start getting my life back,,,
  15. JanB

    THR September 1st

    @Jaycey---thanks,,,,my doggies do bring me great comfort and entertainment....they are my biggest fan club. You are right, I believe they intuitively know when something is "amiss." Thanks for your suggestions/thoughts
Back
Top Bottom