Recent content by Jackie

  1. J

    Just a hi

    Do let us all know how you got on ......:th_hugzz:
  2. J

    Just a hi

    Just wanting to say hi and to let you know how I am doing..... Its now 10 months since my hip replacement surgery and (touching wood) all is well....:thmb:. I get a slight twinge from time to time if I have sat to long but nothing else.....I am able to do every thing as normal..... I am still...
  3. J

    Setback

    Hi one and all its me again.....just popping in to say all is well and to add my little bit to this thread and say that you HAVE to listen to your own body....yes be 'guided by the professionals but as with all things every thing in moderation......:thmb:
  4. J

    I hope you dont mind

    I would like to say a couple of things..... Firstly I would like to say a big huge thank you to all the members of BONE SMART.....:bow: You were all there when I needed you so much with your words of wisdom, encouragement and understanding and of cause the helpful advice.....:thmb: I would...
  5. J

    All done

    Thomasinaa I can not recommend to highly the epidural...or spine blocker....I swear by it for the well being of your recovery..... I have had the use of it twice now so I can speak with a certain voice of authority.... I know it's easier said than done, I know 'cos I've been there but you will...
  6. J

    All done

    It has been far better than I ever expected...... My physio wants to see me one more time [in 2 weeks] then I'm free.....:jump:.. I see my surgeon this coming week...first time since surgery....nervous and excited....I feel good...just hope he agrees with me.....I know that sounds...
  7. J

    All done

    Hi to every one...Well thank god that's all over.....and thank god it all went so well.....I can not recommend enough the epidural it is wonderful.... I am pleased with my recovery, I am doing well [2nd March my surgery] and touching wood all seems to be healing nicely....:thmb: I can not say...
  8. J

    Tomorrow Surgery, The Big Day!

    I know its a bit late but I would also like to add my very best wishes to you both.....in fact if I may I would like to send my best wishes and prayers to any one who will be having hip-replacement very soon.....:thmb:
  9. J

    Question About Surgery and Pain Afterwards

    Oh you guys....you are so funny....you do put a smile on my face.....and truth be told you all make me feel so calm and happy.....Any way enough of this guff......:wink: When I had my hysterectomy I had a catheter and if memory serves me well it was in for at least a day....I don't do bed pans...
  10. J

    Question About Surgery and Pain Afterwards

    Thank you all so much .....My op is looming [2nd March] but you have given me such encouragement and support...:cnsl:. Hope no one minds me asking a question here as I have been pondering the delicate question of being able to go to the loo [toilet] after surgery...? Or is the catheter in...
  11. J

    Up date

    Thank you so much for your replies.....I realy can't believe that I am looking forward to the surgery...she says with fingers crossed and trepidation running through every bone in her body.....:pray: But I am....I can not bear the pain, its getting me down..... What I am trying to focus on is...
  12. J

    Up date

    Hi all...well as the heading says 'an update'..... I have now received my date for surgery early, March...not long to go..:sigh: Still very aprhensive, but I am now in that much pain I am looking forward to the date...sort of...:pnc: I have found this web-site to be invaluable...every one has...
  13. J

    June 9th is my day

    Wow Rachel that was sooooo up lifting.....it realy was.......You are so right in what you say....and how wonderful you put it......Thank you sooo much for being kind......
  14. J

    June 9th is my day

    I would just like to add my best wishes to Creblue and Sheila......I shall be watching your posts with great interest as I shall be following in the not to distant future......plucking up the courage first to take it to the next level....:pnc:
  15. J

    Need information

    Hi every one.....sorry not been about here recently.......had sister up from Essex for a few days.....so we had a few 'family gatherings'...... Thank you all for all your replies and words of support.....I feel a fraud though, I realy do......I have been doing some more 'research' and reading...
Back
Top Bottom