Guest viewing is limited

June 9th is my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to mention to you about when I went in for surgery, and I'm talking about every surgery I've ever had. I took a journal with me and wrote in it every day. Good, Bad, Ugly, anything and everything that was happening with me that day I wrote about it. When I was about two months out, I went back and read my life since surgery and I was amazed at how far I had come and how much better I was feeling. It may not be right for you, but it sure was good for me. It even helped when I felt like biteing everyones head off to write it down and get it out of my system that way. Actually, come to think of it, I wrote in my journal when I had a baby too! Now I can read about it and laugh at myself! You all are so funny talking about the childbirth. I never thought to relate it that way. Either way, you bring something home from the hospital!
Sheila, the handle bars were a big help to me and my hubby as they helped balance when you are trying to get off the loo. They keep you from getting into that 90 degree angle that you don't want to get into. The raised seat is a big deal and a good thing to have... also...Judles is right 100% about the stool softeners! I still take them!
Blessings to you~~
Nancyo
 
Sheila, tomorrow marks my 1 year anniversary of my hip replacement. I do need to post about it. But when mine got close last year, i did not run around like a nut trying to get things ready, I went on hikes!!!! My doc gave me vicodin for the pain. The day before my husband joined me and my 2 best buddies, after the hike I went to a massage therapist!!!! Arrived at the hospital the next morning and they took care of everything.

Will be thinking of you next week.
judy
 
I would just like to add my best wishes to Creblue and Sheila......I shall be watching your posts with great interest as I shall be following in the not to distant future......plucking up the courage first to take it to the next level....:pnc:
 
Jackie, courage is needed, sometimes the pain of the known joint is easier to deal with than the unknown of surgery....I opted to skip the pain in the dodgey hip (which would eventually come) and go straight to surgical pain. Interestingly the surgical and post op pain was NO WHERE NEAR what I imagined it would be....I feel like Ive skipped the arthritis pain and the post op pain.....al of that equals NO pain, and only minor inconvenience....and now I can drive again!

To all those with surgery pending, go well and relax, enjoy the ride.....anyone seen parenthood (not sure of title) with Steve Martin.....at the end the grandmother says life is like a rollercoaster....up and down, up and down.....thats far more interesting than the poor old ferris wheel, that just goes around and around...life is like the rollercoaster, but it needs a few challenges to make it interesting......how do we really enjoy the sunshine if we never see the rain? ..
Rachel
 
Wow Rachel that was sooooo up lifting.....it realy was.......You are so right in what you say....and how wonderful you put it......Thank you sooo much for being kind......
 
sheila and creblue, i'm tomorrow. i'm thinking about yall and praying for you. jackie i wish you the best these are hard decisions but once their made the weight just comes off your shoulders next thing you know your there. i plan to take full advantage of my spinal an pca pump. i'll be doing my other hip in a few weeks so i dont want to have to dread it. one way is by making sure i've got plenty of pain relief and not trying to suck it up. that for me is the hardest part now. dealing with constant pain so if i can avoid some of that fresh post op that will be great.
love to all
monique
 
Sheila, I will be thinking of you on the 9th!!JUst think, you will have it all over with by the time I get in. Prayers for you! DeDe
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom