Recent content by Jacimarble

  1. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Today is my five month anniversary of my LTKR I guess that makes it a toddler knee?? :) Highlights Back playing golf, 18 holes at least once a week. I can walk 9 holes “easily” , but walking 18 is a bit more tiring and gives me stiffness the next day. But I’ve dropped four points off my...
  2. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    3 month update I completed my Physio/gym rehab on 23 Dec, so I’m now “on my own”. I am continuing hydro at my local pool and starting swimming with flippers. Rom about 125, extension not quite 0. All is going well although the baby knee reminds me often it is still new! The stiffness has...
  3. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    11 week report Well school is over for the year. Yayyy. The biggest complaint I had over the last three weeks was energy drain. Many times I came home from school and napped or went to bed early. What I expected, so I was prepared for it. I still have my day bed in the lounge for napping or...
  4. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    I think I am just about recovered from my visit to the ODIC. I have been much more careful this week. I even have pulled out of an event I was booked into on Friday (booked pre surgery)! Looking forward to a quiet weekend!
  5. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Week 8 update I managed quite well at school this week.. until…… I’ll get to that! Very pleased and grateful for the accomodations school has made so that I can be back at work and that has been going well. Saw the physio last Tuesday and they could not believe that rom was 120. She measured it...
  6. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    7 week update I went back to school and was welcomed back by all my kids All my classes have been moved to one building and I have no yard duties to minimise walking. I was no more swollen or sore than I expected, and I did keep the Panadol to schedule and iced and elevated when not in class...
  7. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    6 weeks update Physio and surgeons assistants visits this week Physio - did listen when I said it took three days to get over last weeks beginning. This week has been easier and we are monitoring how it goes. Rom 110 which we are all pleased about SA - also very pleased. Happy with rom...
  8. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Week five update Things are progressing well. This week has been a little easier, mostly moving with one crutch, at times at home with none, but still limping quite a bit. Gym rehab this week caused swelling and stiffness, so I’ll talk to the Physio and exercise physiologist about how much is...
  9. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Had gym rehab yesterday. Floor pedals, and resistance band work, extension and flexion, and simple stretches. It all went well, but last night and today I have swelling and stiffness of course. Ice and elevate!! I’m tired today which always makes me feel a bit more down/bored/frustrated...
  10. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Physio appointment went well. Scar is healing nicely and looking good. Mobility is good with one crutch, and I am managing small distances at home with no crutch. I can lift my leg with no problems:-) Rom was measured at 95*!! Very happy with that. Physio added sit stand exercise and calf...
  11. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Patience muscle being engaged again. I had another day out yesterday, and am paying the price again today Looking forward to the time when energy and knee are in sync and I can do stuff again!! First physio appointment tomorrow - I’m interested in what they will have to say. I think my...
  12. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Had my first “day out” yesterday - apart from doctors visits. I went to an afternoon tea at my golf club. It was a special day - Memorial Day - a day when we have a round in memory of a past member and invite their family. It was good to get out and talk to people! It was also good to push...
  13. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    A good report from the surgeons assistant today - 3 weeks post op. Dressing was removed and incision looks good - dry and healing nicely. Doc was pleased I am progressing on one crutch and pain is controlled with Panadol. He said to continue with ice and elevation, and post op exercises. Physio...
  14. Jacimarble

    TKR Jacimarble’s Left TKR

    Where are we - day 16. Baby knee is at that stage where sometimes it is all right ( comfortable) and sometimes it is not (uncomfortable, swollen, tight, tired) Today is a not comfortable day. There doesn’t seem to be any noticeable reason for comfort or not. I’m only doing ADL, and mostly...
  15. Jacimarble

    Bilateral PKR On the other side

    That patience muscle certainly is the one that needs the work out! And it certainly is a wonderful thing when we finally get to that point of “not thinking about the knees all the time” And isn’t it nice to have BoneSmart for those middle of the night rankings with people who get it!
Back
Top Bottom