Recent content by izzys mom

  1. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Space Knee i really want normalcy again. Your right I probably do need my cane. It just seems like the surgery was a long time ago and I should be better than this. It sounds like you have your head in the right place. My pt have been really good for me. They try to keep me in check...
  2. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    My surgery was October 16, I feel exhausted still much of the day. I’ve been doing pt 2 to 3 Times a week since surgery. Still not sleeping well I wake up couple times per night. I’ve trying to go without my cane for the last couple of weeks. I’m just very frustrated with myself I really...
  3. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    @Celle thank you for the kind words. I went back and read some of the recovery articles. And this has helped.
  4. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    @SusieShoes Thanks for the encouragement. It's so nice to have a support group here. People that have been in my shoes and get it. It wasn't a good experience with my tibial plateau fracture. My surgeon who took care of me at home, actually his Pa, would guilt trip me really badly on my pain. I...
  5. izzys mom

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    I am totally impressed your recovery is remarkable! I'm so happy for you! This is day 6 and has been the most painful day yet. I transferred yesterday to rehab facility . I hope it changes over to your great recovery.
  6. izzys mom

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    @kbueno44 hoping your still doing well. Are you using the walker or crutches to get around with? I'm doing pretty good. I had decided before surgery to do a rehab place after the hospital. I would be doing better it i could just ask for pain med.I have such a mental block about asking for them...
  7. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    I'm doing pretty good. I had decided before surgery to do a rehab place after the hospital. I would be doing better if I could just ask for pain med. I have such a mental block about asking for them. It's like a sign of weakness of I'm just not trying. Then when I get them I feel guilty. It's...
  8. izzys mom

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    @Maillady It's such a crazy ride. I'm so glad I'm almost there. This is so difficult. I'm so glad I found this site. I feel a little crazy at times.
  9. izzys mom

    24 hours

    Good luck bionicbob let us know how it goes. I'm on count down also one week from tomorrow. I'll be looking to see how you do. Prayers and fingers crossed for you.
  10. izzys mom

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Good luck kbueno44 I'm hoping for first thing in the morning so I don't have too much time to go crazy. I get to call in next Friday and see what time surgery is on Monday. One minute I'm so excited to finally get on with my life and the next I'm scared down to my toes. What a rollercoaster. So...
  11. izzys mom

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2017 Recovery Club!

    Hi It's good to see another tpf . Mine happened mountain biking 8-4-16. 5 surgeries later getting a tkr 10-16. Hoping to here how you did with yours. No soft tissue left so bone on bone and missing a piece of bone also. Debbie
  12. izzys mom

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    Oh also their an app called calm i put on my phone i do a sleep story can't believe it works
  13. izzys mom

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    Have you tried l-theanine. Really helps me.good luck
  14. izzys mom

    2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi Disneyland I really think you're going to do great! I know that I'm looking forward to having my life back. If you're not able to walk much, I think that's what you have to concentrate on. I was in a wheel chair for 6 months, 5 different surgeries in the last year. I hope I can repay or just...
  15. izzys mom

    TKR Izzys mom's Recovery Thread

    I know that I'm looking forward to having my life back. I was in a wheel chair for 6 months, 5 different surgeries in the last year. I hope I can repay or just pay it forward, I met so many kind people.
Back
Top Bottom