Recent content by izzie

  1. izzie

    TKR 8 Month Update

    I miss the west coast so much, and know it is wonderful to spend time outside. Sounds like you are doing great! And, the biking is wonderful. The standing 12-15 hours, is not :sad:. The little trick you're doing by hooking your foot back to flex your knee is really good. Every time I had...
  2. izzie

    MUA Tigz's Lessons in Patience

    So great to be out in a car and each time will get easier. Good luck with your PT on Tuesday!
  3. izzie

    MUA Tigz's Lessons in Patience

    Yes, your energy level will be a little low and you should rest. Your body needs it in order to repair itself. When you feel like you need to lay down, by all means do so. It will get better with time. Enjoy your little naps!
  4. izzie

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    I know exactly what you mean. The limping caused me to have terrible hip pain. When I saw my shadow and my limping, I just cried. I hope you won't wait too long to have the other knee done. My surgeon was Dr. Robert Gardiner, who had no problem doing both at the same time. Other surgeons...
  5. izzie

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    Hi Roxie ~ The reason I had BTKR is because I was bone on bone, both knees, and could barely walk. I was in pain all the time. The surgery, for me, was pretty much a breeze. I'm not downplaying that there was some pain involved, but, I'd been in pain for so many years that the pain after...
  6. izzie

    MUA Tigz's Lessons in Patience

    Hi @tigz ! You are in the right place here and anytime you need help or advice, you need only ask. This forum kept me going before, during and after my BTKR two years ago. I'm so grateful for all the support. Sounds like you are in a very good place this early out from your surgery and as...
  7. izzie

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    Hi Roxie! Just reading through your thread here and you've gotten some great advice and encouragement. I am in the KC area and had my BTKR done at St. Lukes South, two years ago. There is nothing I can add that hasn't already been said, and it sounds like you are doing great. A lot of my PT...
  8. izzie

    Bilateral TKR 2 Years Ago Today, Amazing

    Hi @Josephine ! Thank you so much for the kind words. You were one of those supporting and encouraging me. Thank you for everything. I don't know what I would have done without the kindness of everyone here. I tell people about this website every chance I get. :loveshwr:
  9. izzie

    Bilateral TKR 2 Years Ago Today, Amazing

    Hi Diana, (@new knee in June ), so good to hear from you! Two years, hard to believe ~ time goes by so quickly. I will check on your thread to get caught up. The support given and gotten goes both ways. You've been so supportive to so many, thank you for everything! The fingernails!!! Oh...
  10. izzie

    Bilateral TKR 2 Years Ago Today, Amazing

    P.S. @Celle ~ just saw that you are from New Zealand. My favorite place in the world! I was lucky enough to spend about 3 weeks there traveling both islands and would give anything to be able to live there. One of my nephews recently moved there, about one hour south of Auckland. I hope I...
  11. izzie

    Bilateral TKR 2 Years Ago Today, Amazing

    Hi @Celle !! Hopefully, you are doing very well. You've had many surgeries, never fun, but maybe this one will do the trick. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people on this forum and couldn't be happier with my recovery and condition of my knees today. I never even think about it...
  12. izzie

    Bilateral TKR 2 Years Ago Today, Amazing

    Two years ago today, I was limping into the hospital, in tears, preparing to have BTKR. That was the best decision I could have possibly made. My mobility and state of mind are so great!!! This forum saw me through pre and post op and the first year out. Such wonderful people. I will never...
  13. izzie

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    You are so encouraging!! I know it was a beautiful ride :bicycle1:
  14. izzie

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Thanks @Limpynomore ! My knee is feeling much better today. I'm always pushing my limits ~ must pay more attention to taking care of these new baby knees :)
  15. izzie

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Hi @patbike ! I think the doc's should add "digging holes" to their "do not do" list :heehee: Of course, putting pressure on the joint pushing down with the shovel was not a smart thing for me to do :no-fin: I won't be doing it anymore. Hope you are doing well!!!
Back
Top Bottom