Recent content by isolde

  1. isolde

    About to have THR

    Hi @adriver, I really hope your op went ok and you are home from hospital. I haven't been on here for a while or else I would have said have the spinal but ask to be put under with anaesthetic so you don't hear the carpentry going on! That's what I did, but I'm a wuss! Take it steady and you'll...
  2. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hi @copsham, so glad things are finally settling down and going better for you. Was wondering why the pool ladder is a problem - is it because of your hip or your foot? Maybe a physio could advise stretches or exercises you could do to correct it, as it really restricts which pools you can use.
  3. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Hi everyone, and happy new year! My recovery from the second op is still going well. I'm on one crutch since 2.5 weeks post op for my walks outside. Still doing 4 walks a day plus physio exercises for 3 days then 1 day off, and this seems to give good progress without pain. Am now only...
  4. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    That gait analysis sounds well worth it - I've heard of it for runners but what a great idea for joint replacement recoverers - it feels like you've just learned to walk! I haven't been able to get on here for 2 weeks cos of technical issues with Bonesmart and my server, but good to catch up on...
  5. isolde

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Oh @Constanze that sounds so wonderful, a half-marathon! Well done you, you have worked hard at getting the best out of that ceramic hip. Have a great Christmas. x
  6. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Hi, I haven't been able to get on here because something strange and technical stopped some servers accessing Bonesmart. Their techies have fixed it now. I had my second (right) hip replaced on Dec 3rd as booked, uncemented and lateral again and the same surgeon. I bled loads again so low blood...
  7. isolde

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Yes, that's what I've read too about cemented/uncemented hips - uncemented much better if you want to do sport because much more durable as the bone grows around the implant. I didn't know what I'd had, and was so pleased the surgeon was giving me a dual-mobility hip for lots of range of...
  8. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hi @copsham, I've just caught up with your thread and am so pleased that your new hip is doing so well now the strain of the broken foot has come off it. I loved the list of what you can now do better - I laughed in recognition at the way you used to bend down to pick stuff up - I do it so...
  9. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Wow, I just scrolled up my thread and saw some more messages on there that my emails hadn't alerted me to. Hi @Constanze and @Hip Hip Hooray! and thank you for your kind messages. Don't worry too much, Hip Hip, the infection was absolutely nothing to do with the hip op so if your scar is all...
  10. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Hi @copsham Yes, the second op is still on 3rd December and I'm touching lots of wood that it won't get cancelled, while getting really nervous at the same time! You all know what it's like! We have been visiting our families, while I can still sit in a car for hours - Devon, Southampton...
  11. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hi @copsham, are you sure you have to have a plaster cast after the metalwork comes out? The bones will have healed won't they? Be great if you didn't. The fog doesn't affect the trains, just makes it hard work for the drivers! In Britain we learn all our routes so we know where we are in all...
  12. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hello @copsham I've just caught up on your thread. Haven't been on here for a while and sorry to see what trials that foot is still putting you through. Hope gorgeous Daniel Craig took your mind off everything at the flicks yesterday, I want to see that this week. Big hugs, Isolde xxx
  13. isolde

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Hi @copsham, haven't been on here for a few weeks, and have just caught up with your posts over that time. A rollercoaster for you, and now you're (almost) released into the wild! Great idea to prop your other foot up to the same height, you sound like you're doing really well with your repaired...
  14. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Hi, work is now going ok after a couple of weeks of extreme tiredness. I found that I could only swim on days off, not as well as work, but can now do both again. I think the infection, and the monster-dose antibiotics, took quite a toll. Also, shift work, the concentration and the busy...
  15. isolde

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    @Jaycey, yes our shifts are murder too! I hope your partner is enjoying finally being able to get his sleeping, waking and eating patterns regular!
Back
Top Bottom