Recent content by Irelandliz

  1. Irelandliz

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    @Jockette I am so so thrilled for you :yahoo: and I realise that it is so important to share these milestones for all those that have come after you and me and all the other wonderful ladies who have supported us along the way. Just so we can all hope for the same :egypdance: That you are...
  2. Irelandliz

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Thanks for the info Josephine - my husband is telling me to try and do some more walking which is probably a good idea. I am almost at 8 months now and am still frustrated at the amount of discomfort and pain I have - and it seems that anyone I know has a story of a friend of theirs that...
  4. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Lol i like your sense of humour :-). I always thought a hassock was the robe that a priest wore but I guess upon asking Siri that it is a cassock - oh well! Close but no cigar lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Thank you for that and sorry it took me so long to reply.... I am trying to not take any more painkillers and unless it is really aching I persevere. One of my older friends was just diagnosed with kidney failure because of all the pills she had been taking after she fell and broke her hip...
  6. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    I haven't heard that word and it made me giggle - not sure why lol I am finding that when I walk my knee isn't sore however every single time I get up off a chair, any chair, I have 10-20 seconds of pain sometimes in the front but more usually in the back of my knee. And it doesn't make any...
  7. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    That's what I do too - put my feet on an ottoman and sometimes when I'm making jewelry I forget to get up and move around and when I have to get up, for the loo or something I can barely hobble - it is not a pretty sight lol I am still using my polar cube and I think that has helped my recovery...
  8. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Yes I remember those from the early days of recovery and thought they were behind me lol - I guess not! My leg, below the knee on the lateral side is still completely numb so the zingers aren't rejuvenating those nerves sadly [emoji30]. But life is good and I'm starting to be grateful I had the...
  9. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    I often think of that movie with Reese Witherspoon Sweet Home Alabama when Candace Bergen catapulted out of the recliner Lok and I think that's what I need when I sit on our sofa... Hubby refuses to buy recliners sadly [emoji30] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Hi Everyone, Well since my last message I have gone through quite a few weeks of the Blues. I have mastered the art of standing up and sitting down without aid so am thrilled about that, even though it took me seven months to do so :umm: but I am there so Yayyyy!! :yes!: I have had a few other...
  11. Irelandliz

    TKR Your suggestion elevated toilet seat, bedside commode or none?

    I ordered a raised toilet seat with side bars on it from Amazon for $45 and I used it up until a month ago - I am now at six months after a TRKR. I couldn't have done without it. Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms, Elongated Hope this helps.... :happydance: Sent from...
  12. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    @Jockette Thanks for your reply I am definitely more comfy on the drivers side because my dodgy leg goes in first lol - I still stress getting out of the passengers side though! @Gel-girl thanks for your input :-) I have walked about four times this week, not every day and I only go up to...
  13. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    @Jockette Yes I often forget that the rest of America doesn't share the weather we have here in South Florida - sorry :flwrysmile: I'll send some sunshine up your way!! I just removed the high seat off my loo this week but am wondering if I made the right decision :flabber: it's the getting...
  14. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Hi all So now at 5 1/2 months and am walking in my neighborhood every morning now. I just increase the distance a little every day and I am finding that even after a few weeks my leg is not quite so tight! The pain is still there though during the day - every time I get up off a chair which is...
  15. Irelandliz

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    @Jockette so nice to see you again - I have been trying to stay positive and then I remembered that my friends at BoneSmart are the ones to chat to about this :bawl: I am really sorry to hear that you are not doing so great either! I definitely understand the ups and downs of this well maybe...
Back
Top Bottom