Recent content by HorseLover

  1. H

    TKR I did it!!

    You can do it. My horse was my main inspiration. I started riding at three months, I didn't realize how much pain I had been in, till I rode with no pain.
  2. H

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    When I started riding the only problem was general muscle weakness. There was no pain at all, even posting. When I got off my legs felt like jelly!
  3. H

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    I started riding at three months to the day. No problems, I do use a mounting block to get on, but my guy is 16 2. I had a jumping lesson yesterday (very low grid work) just to get my timing and that was good.
  4. H

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Horse time helped me more than anything. My horse was with a trainer while I was recovering. Just going out and watching him work and petting him was great therapy. I did a little jumping today, first time in years no pain! It was wonderful!
  5. H

    Bi-lateral or Double Knee Replacement Surgery

    I had a LTKR December 11, 2013. I show Quarter Horses, I do the all around, Halter, Western and English. My left knee was damaged in 1995. It has steadily gotten worse, I hung in as long as I could ride without terrible pain then last year it just got to be too much. I got the OK from my...
  6. H

    BTKR Scheduled May 20

    I had my LTKR December 11, 2013. I haven't posted my story because I found the forum in February. I've been quite lucky with a fairly easy recovery. I think a lot of that was because of a hospital situation that was pretty close to the Bonesmart way. Lots of ice, regular meds that controlled...
Back
Top Bottom