Recent content by hornplayer

  1. hornplayer

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Hornplayer's shoulder recovery thread

    Hi! I haven’t been on here in a long time. I had both knees replaced at the same time in 2013. Then on Jan 19 I had a reverse total right shoulder replacement. The shoulder itself is going well. PT 2x a week. I just started driving this week again. I had trouble with the nerve block. My...
  2. hornplayer

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hi! Tomorrow will be 5 weeks post op for me. My knees are coming along. But my big problem is having sinus problems from the time I came home from the hospital. Day 18 I was having trouble breathing, so my GP sent me to the ER. All tests came back fine, including CT for blood clot in lung. I did...
  3. hornplayer

    Bilaterals - are you glad?

    I had my BTKR just 15 days ago and my catheter experience was exactly like Stacie's. Within 12 hours of getting to my room, I already was seeing a PT. Wasn't long until I was using the bathroom. Sandy
  4. hornplayer

    LTKR - August 27th - Coming Fast!

    Trish, praying your surgery went well today! And that you will be up walking the halls of the hospital soon! I'm 15 days post op from BTKR and glad I'm on the other side! Sandy BTKR Aug 12, 2013
  5. hornplayer

    Bilateral TKR On the other side

    I had my BTKR surgery on Mon. Aug. 12. The surgery lasted 3 hours since my doc did both knees. I had a spinal block. When I got to recovery it took me 4 hours since I had low blood pressure, probably caused by the block. I was given meds to increase the bp. I didn't get to my room until 9 PM. By...
  6. hornplayer

    BTKR on Monday!

    Yahoo! I got a call from the hospital to come in earlier due to cancellation. We're on our way now! Thank you for all your prayers!!
  7. hornplayer

    BTKR on Monday!

    Wow, I can't believe all the wonderful posts for me. Thank you all!!!! I'm watching the time. I will eat something light by midnight, since my surgery isn't until noon. I have to still take the first of my 2 antibacterial showers. I was busy today washing sheets, etc. Stacie, I will look up...
  8. hornplayer

    BTKR on Monday!

    Wow, thank you to all of you who have posted here and are cheering me on and praying for me! I most certainly will post how I'm doing. Today I got the CPM machine and cold and compression unit. It's really starting to sink in! But having the support of you all is such a blessing! Those of you...
  9. hornplayer

    BTKR on Monday!

    Thanks! I actually was born in Toledo OH!
  10. hornplayer

    August Hot Shots 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in August?

    I am having BTKR around noon on Monday, Aug. 12th!
  11. hornplayer

    BTKR on Monday!

    I am so glad I found this while looking at YouTube videos about TKR. ! This is a site!! On Monday Aug. 12 I am having 2 new knees. Lots of emotions happening now! Will be spending lots of time on this site! :yes!:
Back
Top Bottom