Recent content by hopalong61

  1. hopalong61

    TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

    @Tykey I have a cousin in Laughton en le Morthen, is that near you ?
  2. hopalong61

    TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

    Hi @Tykey I was born in Eckington (Derbyshire as it was then) and left Sheffield when I was 16 to work in Devon, only came back when I was 21 when I met my (now ex) husband (Bradford bloke) Lived back at my Mums for a while then moved to Leeds where I've lived since 1983. My family are still in...
  3. hopalong61

    TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

    Aw @Tykey I've not been on the Forum for a while but your thread has made me laugh so much. Thank you x I'm a Yorkshire lass, born in Sheffield ( now living near Leeds) and will have to have a second TKR soon. You've filled me with hope, I've struggled with my first one, 18 months on i'm still...
  4. hopalong61

    PKR Tightness to extreme!<

    Hi @Highridge I had a MUA in March 2018 after my TKR in Jan 2018. I still have the tight band across the front of my knee, when I mentioned it to my consultant at my 12 month check up he just said "not everyone has the perfect outcome they wish for" Everyone is different, I have friends who...
  5. hopalong61

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Hi @Relle it's good to know you're more optimistic with your second one ! I'm putting off mine until i'm sure this one is going to be as good as it gets, still have stiffness and that tight feeling. I know I might not have the same issues as last time but it still worries me ! Just got back from...
  6. hopalong61

    MUA Hello and a huge thank you<<

    Hi all, need some advice. I'm 16m post MUA and feel as though I need something to help with the discomfort I still have in my knee. It doesn't stop me from daily living etc but is causing problems with my hip and back if I walk or stand too long. I think it's because my extension is still not as...
  7. hopalong61

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Hi @Relle, how are you ? How did it go this time ?
  8. hopalong61

    TKR 3 months painful and meds mgmt^

    Hi @Momodux x I have high blood pressure so I can't take NSAID's either. At 3 months I was still taking Paracetamol and Codeine every day, it was several months before I stopped taking the Codeine. Luckily my doctor was understanding when i asked for more ! I didn't do much PT as such, I just...
  9. hopalong61

    MUA A Year and Still Tightness

    Hi @4quilts I'm now 13 months past my RTKR and MUA. I had a 12 month check up with my consultant in January and I mentioned the tightness around my knee, he told me that for some people it just never goes away :( I really feel for you, it must be so frustrating for it still to be there all...
  10. hopalong61

    TKR Sore leg after vaccuum cleaner fell on it!

    Thanks @Welshlass x I do have the concrete feeling too. Been shopping today with my daughter and it gets worse the more I walk ! It's not pain as such, just uncomfortable.
  11. hopalong61

    TKR Sore leg after vaccuum cleaner fell on it!

    Hi @Welshlass I can have my other knee done whenever i'm ready, the consultant just said to call him and he'll fit me in. I need to fit it in with my work as due to the time off I had with my first TKR I was at my max amount of sick leave. After the end of April this year i'll be ok if I need...
  12. hopalong61

    TKR Sore leg after vaccuum cleaner fell on it!

    Hi @Welshlass I'm sure you'll be fine by July. You're still only 6 months on, I can still feel my knee improving now, after 12 months. I realised today that I haven't needed any painkillers this past week ! I've had a sickness bug and haven't been able to eat anything so the painkillers were...
  13. hopalong61

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Hi @Lilli215 I still have the calf and back of knee pain but it's slowly going now. I went back to my physio and she gave me stretching exercises for my calf but as it's only a week since your most recent TKR, i'd stick with painkillers for now ! Plenty of time yet before you need to worry :)
  14. hopalong61

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Hi @Steph I'm another one who never had the compression stockings. I didn't even have them after surgery, I was sent home with 10 days worth of something to stop my blood clotting though. I've had them before after other surgeries though and hated them !
  15. hopalong61

    TKR Sore leg after vaccuum cleaner fell on it!

    @Welshlass once I was more mobile I saw every staircase as a challenge ! Take it slowly, the plane won't go without you ! Take a walking stick with you if you think it will help, better to be safe then sorry. A week after my MUA I went to Manchester Arena with my daughter to see a band, we were...
Back
Top Bottom