Well, been to see my Consultant today. Nothing shocking to report, my TKR is fine, everything where it should be, he said to keep on with the Physio and to keep active to help with the muscle pain I still have.
He said my other knee is now bone on bone and asked me when I wanted him to replace it ! I knew this, as X Rays I had 2 years ago showed it was deteriorating then. As I had an MUA in March 2018, I've decided that i'm going to wait at least another 6 months before deciding when to have my second TKR. I need to plan it more this time as i'm home alone now my daughter is at University, my Son lives nearby but if I can arrange for my Daughter to be here for the first 2 or 3 weeks, it will be a huge help. I'm gradually coming round to the idea of another TKR but can't say I look forward to it ! The Consultant said that he had only done 2 MUA's last year and he does several TKR's a week, hopefully my second one will behave and it won't be necessary ! He said it's very unusual to need an MUA, just my luck that I needed one !