Recent content by homestead

  1. homestead

    2022 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Ive had to postpone surgery. I unfortunately dislocated my 'good' knee and also tore my bicep ligament which will be a 3 month recovery. Seeing surgeon tomorrow to discuss.
  2. homestead

    Bilateral TKR Upcoming Bilateral TKR in October

    Hello October Feisties, I have decided to have a bilateral as my other knee (left) is so bad that i dont think it will survive the rehab of my right knee. Spoke with surgeon today and we have rescheduled to 28 October. I am feeling so traumatised at this decision as i have terrible dislocating...
  3. homestead

    2022 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    My surgery is October 10. I am nervous but looking forward to being more stable and have less pain
  4. homestead

    Meniscus surgery - removal - deciding on surgery and when

    I tore my meniscus over a year ago. Had a cortisone injection which provided about a month of relief then had an arthroscope. The surgeon said I would be feeling better after 6 weeks. Boy was he wrong. I was way worse after the surgery, had to walk with a crutch, was in terrible pain...
  5. homestead

    LTKR scheduled for 7/14/16

    Diane.. This is your body telling you that you are ready 50 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March Waiting to have surgery for RTKR Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. homestead

    Postponing my surgery

    Hello lovely and supportive people. I was scheduled for a RTKR on Wednesday 13th but I have decided to postpone for a month or so. I had an arthroscope on 1 March to repair a torn meniscus which resulted with me having horrendous knee pain (way worse than before) and having to walk with a...
  7. homestead

    2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi bottoms hollow Can you take me off the list. I have decided to postpone my TKR for 6 weeks 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. homestead

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    Welsh connections here too. My mother is from llanrhystyd and I spent a year living in Cardiff when I was 21. I love Wales and really enjoyed my time there 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my...
  9. homestead

    Revision TKR home from the hospital

    That is good news. Hope you have a smooth recovery 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. homestead

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Thanks for your updates and photos Suz, I find them very encouraging 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. homestead

    TKR June 22nd--Very Scared about Recovery

    Wishing you all the best. The countdown is officially on! 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. homestead

    Bilateral TKR Got me some shiny new knees!'

    Hope you are doing well at home 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. homestead

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Good to hear you are more comfortable now 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. homestead

    LTKR scheduled for 7/14/16

    Welcome Diane. I'm having my right TKR a day before you ! 49 year old Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14 Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13 Scheduled for BTKR in 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. homestead

    First replacement OS visit was disappointing

    I know of 2 people who have had partial replacement on their early 50's only to have full replacements 18 months later. I am 50 and having a TKR in July My surgeon says age doesn't come into it if you are in pain Good luck with your search for another OS. I saw 3 OS's before I made my decision...
Back
Top Bottom