Recent content by HollyNY

  1. H

    Anyone have robotic hip surgery?

    I had a robot assisted right hip replacement Sept 2022. My surgeon used the MAKO robot. In the hands of a gifted surgeon the robot is a game changer. More repeatable and more precise than any surgeon alone. Less time under sedation and less blood lost. More perfect alignment of the bionic...
  2. H

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Happy sixth to you and your forever hips
  3. H

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Glad to see you on the healing side. The energy drain is real as the hip heals.
  4. H

    THR Pre-op, anxious and alone

    I had never had so much as a broken bone. I am 53. At first I thought: 'Hip replacement? Maybe at 75' The OA pain just kept getting worse. And quickly. In 7 months the only appointments I went to were doctor visits I am in NY. We have folks all over the world. Hope to see you on the...
  5. H

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    I also have a mild amount of s-shaped scoliosis in my lumbar spine This is why my hip surgeon did not over correct my leg length. I use a small heel lift to level out my hips
  6. H

    THR A New Ride Begins - The Puckhead's recovery

    Great photo. The first of many!
  7. H

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Sorry to hear you are struggling with so much pain. In 7 months I went from 'maybe this is manageable' to not being able to walk without a cane. My hip was bone on bone. I could not get more than a few hrs of sleep at a time. Any time it was bearing weight was agony. No pain relievers...
  8. H

    THR Saucy's Pre-Op Thread

    I had lumbar pain that I blamed on an L4/L5 slipped disk and mild spinal stenosis. It was the hip. In my case bone on bone. My bionic hip has given me a new life. Not my original life back. But the best it can be right now.
  9. H

    THR A New Ride Begins - The Puckhead's recovery

    The crouching down and getting back up without possibly needing an ambulance is not easy. You will notice being more tired after work. Especially back in an office. Great progress all around
  10. H

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    The energy drain is real! In the early weeks it is so easy to do too much. Pare each day down to the essentials. Momentum w healing picked up for me at 8 weeks.
  11. H

    THR A New Ride Begins - The Puckhead's recovery

    Yes! Hardest thing is crouching down without needing an ambulance I very carefully get down on the floor, do what I have to do. Feed cat, scoop litter box, etc To get back up The easiest thing is to get both feet under me/fingertips on floor and shift my weight from toes to heels. Then roll up.
  12. H

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    The energy drain is real! I am 6 months out. I still tire easily and getting enough rest to feel better took 2 nights instead of 1. This is now tapering off. My doc said the bruising and swelling could appear in waves. If anything flares up, rest, ice and elevate. I used a foam wedge from...
  13. H

    THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

    So good to see your progress Remember self care. Stress can add up quickly.
  14. H

    THR Knee Pain

    Absolutely yes. On the right side (bad hip) I had groin pain, knee pain inside the right knee. Every night I had metatarsal pain in both feet. Also lumbar pain. All of it was the hip
  15. H

    THR Hockymum10's recovery

    The zaps and zings are the nerves protesting being touched. Totally normal. And these fade pretty quickly I personally would wait until the incision is healed at 6 weeks to be in any indoor crowds. You want to avoid infection.
Back
Top Bottom