Recent content by hipster55

  1. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Hi all, Here's an update on my progress. Tomorrow will be 4 months post surgery. I have gotten back to my morning workouts and stretching, walking and stationary cycling. Although I did overdo it and pulled a muscle deep in my glutes somewhere so that took a week of recovery which sucked big...
  2. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Thank you all!
  3. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Hi everyone, just touching base on my recovery to date. Week 3 brought my family tragic news when my little brother who was only 51 years old passed away suddenly after playing hockey from a blood clot in his heart. He leaves behind 3 young kids ages 10, 8 and 7. So on top of my day to day hip...
  4. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Just an update as I haven’t been on in a few days: Day 11- Well things were going well and I spoke too soon. Day 11 brought me a scare. I noticed earlier in the day that I could feel my heart flutter. The feeling was as though my heart stopped then re-started. I could feel it in my chest all...
  5. hipster55

    THR Post Op Day 6---When will the tilting stop?

    Hello fellow Canadian, I’m in Ontario. I’ve just had my second THR on day 8 of recovery. My advice is to listen to your body. If you feel pain slow down as your muscles are still in recovery and healing mode. There will be lots of time to walk hundreds of miles once you’re healed. After my...
  6. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Day 8 update- My daily schedule for the past 5 days: Sleep terrible can’t get comfortable, sleep a couple hours at a time and have a headache Wake up feeling crappy Take meds-all but the opioids which I’ve managed to avoid so far Have coffee Start to feel better Do morning exercises to a Rocky...
  7. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Yes icing often but good idea on the elevating haven’t been doing that.
  8. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Day 3 post op. Leg is stiff and swollen but really no pain this time around. Haven’t had to take any of the hydromorphone. Only Tylenol which quite frankly wouldn’t have to take that either. Able to sleep on my left side at night with no issues. Walking with the walker is way easier this time...
  9. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    It’s 4am Tuesday morning next day after surgery. Doc said I lost quite a bit of blood during surgery as the joint was extremely tight and hard to get at but Xrays look good. Doc did a bikini incision this time which appears to be half the length of the other scar. Was up peeing every hour last...
  10. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Hi everyone, My second hip replacement (right hip) is scheduled for this coming Monday Sept 30th first thing in the morning. Can’t wait to get this one done. The pain I’ve experienced strangely has been quite different than the other one. More pain in the actual joint area than before but...
  11. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Just checking in to update everyone on my progress! It’s been just over 6 months and I’m feeling fantastic! Numbness around scar and pain around scar is gone. Mood is great! Leg feels brand new with absolutely no pain. If someone asked me how long a hip recovery takes I would say honestly a good...
  12. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Really eh? Yes you guessed it I do live in Ontario and love my Tim’s coffee! We have a cottage up near Dorset. I’m envious I just love the west coast been to Vancouver, Victoria, fell in love with Tofino and the Sunshine Coast! Hope your recovery is going well fellow Canuck and fellow hipster...
  13. hipster55

    THR My 5 week journey journal

    Update since I haven’t been on in awhile. The blues left me as quickly as they hit me. No blues since so yes it was a temporary thing. Thank goodness! Feeling great....actually forget sometimes that I even had a hip replacement. The only trouble now is my other hip is due for a replacement. It...
  14. hipster55

    THR Crossed over from the darkside

    PS - here is the thread to my blog so you can see what I have been going through LOL https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/my-5-week-journey-journal.49031/
  15. hipster55

    THR Crossed over from the darkside

    The exhaustion is completely normal. I had my surgery on June 18th and I found that once I got off the meds which made me feel terrible and nauseous (about a week later) I had good energy in the morning then would crash and burn anywhere from noon to 2pm. I've never been a napper but napping...
Back
Top Bottom