Recent content by Hipster023

  1. Hipster023

    THR A week post-op

    Hello there! Well first of all my post-op appt was with PA which I didn't expect but she seems quite knowledgeable. They took bunch of x-rays which she was very pleased with and they took my dressing off which she was also very excited about. Me - not so much: even though the incision is only...
  2. Hipster023

    THR A week post-op

    Thanks for your response, I slowed down with PT and I feel much better now. Funny but my dr in DC also works with US ski and snowboard team!
  3. Hipster023

    THR A week post-op

    @ScenicRte - how are you doing? I've been thinking a lot about you but assumed everything is good since you've been quiet . Today was the first day I spent almost entirely out of bed and it was great! I am going to my first post-op check up with my Dr tomorrow morning. They will take x-ray and...
  4. Hipster023

    THR 3weeks post THR and pain seems worse

    Hello - I had my surgery on May 22nd and I feel the same! My back is driving me crazy and then the groin and inner thigh pain gets worse during the night, so even having a pillow between my knees hurts. Sometimes I wish I could levitate of hang my body from the ceiling because I can't find the...
  5. Hipster023

    THR A week post-op

    Thanks for everyone's responses! Yes, it seemed strange to me that bridge and weights were not listed in the booklet, which prompted me to reach out to my doctor. I am so glad I did. Let me also mention that the agency was recommended by the hospital as the best option for CareFirst insurance...
  6. Hipster023

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Good luck to you! It was not as bad as I expected.....so far the pain is manageable and I feel like I am making progress every day. :smile2:
  7. Hipster023

    THR A week post-op

    Hello from the other side! My surgery was a week ago and it's been a rough week, but today as I was sitting in by back yard enjoying MDW BBQ I thought how amazing this recovery has actually been, despite the pain. I was doing pretty well first couple of days, but then the PTs that came to my...
  8. Hipster023

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Hello from the other side! @ScenicRte - how did it go? I was sick with cold entire week before the surgery, but they still decided to proceed yesterday. It went well, I have no pain, I was already up in the afternoon and today I went up and down the stairs. Seems like I am going home in a few...
  9. Hipster023

    Right THR surgery on May 22nd - would love to connect to May peeps!

    @ScenicRte - wow you are all set! I just had my labs done and waiting for the results. Tomorrow morning I will be taking my last Voltaren - my lifeline for last six months. Hopefully for good. I just had my joint camp class yesterday as well so everything is becoming more real. Lately my hip has...
  10. Hipster023

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Hello - I am scheduled for right THR on May 22nd, with anterior aproach!
  11. Hipster023

    Right THR surgery on May 22nd - would love to connect to May peeps!

    Well hello my THR twin! :loveshwr: I am doing well, as I seem to be done with dental work that both my hygienist and Ortho seem to think was very important. After having the deep cleaning procedure done a lot of my fillings started to shake and come out, so I had to do quite a lot of trips which...
  12. Hipster023

    Right THR surgery on May 22nd - would love to connect to May peeps!

    Hello there! My right THR surgery is scheduled for May 22nd, due to advanced osteoarthritis and right hip dysplasia. My doctor is planning to perform anterior approach. I am a bit nervous since my last x-ray was in December and he is not planning to take any additional x-rays before the surgery...
Back
Top Bottom