Recent content by Hipster-2

  1. Hipster-2

    Hip Infection* This is NOT what I thought!

    @Carolinagirl54 I am so sorry for what you are going through! This is indeed a big surgery, and unfortunately some people do experience minor and major complications - I certainly did. But with luck you will soon be back on track to a full recovery. It sounds encouraging that the infection did...
  2. Hipster-2

    THR 14 Oct out yesterday morning

    @Paddles10 You got this! Personally I think the anterior approach is a bit oversold in terms of recovery time; it is still a major surgery and the post-op period is still plenty sucky. What sold me on it is shown in your profile pic - my life as a rider and horse vet is a bit rough-and-tumble...
  3. Hipster-2

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @KisstheskyBrace Thank you for sharing that. It is slightly terrifying that a displacement could happen with such simple basic movement, though! I make myself take every opportunity to clamber around on the ground, sit cross-legged, and do floor exercises in various positions to regain the...
  4. Hipster-2

    THR Left THR- Yesterday!!

    @KisstheskyBrace Hugs - so very sorry to hear of the dislocation! Fingers and toes crossed that it is a one-off and you’ll be back in full action quickly. Do you mind sharing with us how it happened? My surgery was around the time as yours, so if there are specific things to avoid at this stage...
  5. Hipster-2

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    @Elle6 I am so sorry about everything that you have gone through. I had a complication after my right hip that cost me a year of my life and more pain than I could have imagined, so I understand what it is to have your life shrink around your hip. The thought that an infection of this magnitude...
  6. Hipster-2

    THR Should I be Concerned

    @rkoldskool.com Click-treat for being your own best advocate! Soon these things will no longer hurt and there will be plenty of time to work further on stretching, ROM, etc.
  7. Hipster-2

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Post-Op: is it normal to have THIS much pain?

    Hopefully you’ll get more responses from people that have had the same surgery as you. I also had torn labrums (labra?) and FAI - at one point arthroscopic surgery repair was suggested for my right hip (the first side to suffer a labral tear) but later second and third opinions indicated I was...
  8. Hipster-2

    THR Should I be Concerned

    3 weeks is pretty early, so if it was me I would pause the PT until this pain resolves. Medicate and walk shorter distances, with as short a stride as needed to avoid further aggravation, until everything cools off. I doubt that you have done any major damage. I had a lot of soft tissue...
  9. Hipster-2

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    Yes, fully realize but you never know! And I wasn’t sure if the forum may email people when they are tagged, in which case even long-gone members may check in. Thank you for your message, though.
  10. Hipster-2

    THR Life as a Double Hipster. How are you doing?

    @Hipster-2 And all these falls were age 61-67. Hah - clearly my sister from another mister!
  11. Hipster-2

    THR Hipster-2's Recovery Thread

    @Layla Super - thanks so much for the tip on other relevant threads! I am doing well at 6 weeks. These things always progress more slowly than we like, but I have not suffered any complications (knocking frantically on wood!) and am making slow steady progress. I have been testing the water...
  12. Hipster-2

    THR Life as a Double Hipster. How are you doing?

    That is very good to hear! Somehow I am much more paranoid now that I have 2 hips; statistically it seems to double the risk of some catastrophic revision if I get lawn-darted from a horse. Or trip over a vacuum cleaner or such - I’m not gifted with an excess of coordination or grace. My friends...
  13. Hipster-2

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    @MrDIY I really enjoyed reading your thread and, like many athletic readers, was interested to see how a more active recovery was progressing. Plus you’re just a funny chap and I loved your sense of humor! I really appreciated all the detail you provided regarding your lifting, as I hope to...
  14. Hipster-2

    Bilateral THR 2 steps forward, 1 back

    @Gusteenie Not sure if you still frequent the forum, but I see that you are a rider. As a fellow double-hippy (though a year apart) I was curious how the new hips are working out for your riding? I am an eventer who rides super-green TBs off the track, but plan to curtail that and switch to more...
  15. Hipster-2

    THR Life as a Double Hipster. How are you doing?

    Yes, all of those hikes and long walks while traveling will soon be yours! Course it will take longer to get the travel part sorted, thanks to COVID. At 6 weeks I can easily walk 6 miles per day, though I generally limit things to 4 miles as I’m trying hard not to be patient and not overdo things.
Back
Top Bottom