Recent content by Highpointer42

  1. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    Hi All: Eight months on the other side and doing well. Great decision: having my right knee replaced. This winter I have used a chain saw to gather firewood, hunted deer in the rugged hills of the Allegheny National Forest and cross-country skied in the same ANF without any difficulty. I contend...
  2. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    Hello Everyone. Highpointer42 here. I am 15 weeks post-op and doing much better. Oh, I still take 2-3 Vicodin per day and I don't sleep worth a darn despite Ambien plus Melatonin, but I consider myself lucky. I quit pool therapy (not enough help from the attending PT assistant), so now I am...
  3. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    Hi All: Highpointer42 here. Twelve weeks post op and starting to climb quickly. I am down to 2-3 Vicodins per day. Starting to sleep a little better at night, thanks to an Ambien and melatonin in combination. I am walking without a cane, climbing and descending stairs naturally, going 3 days a...
  4. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    @jerseygirl-in-ca Sorry I have not responded earlier. In response to your questions, No, the treadmill is easy because the speed is adjustable, even to a crawl. I do no treading of water. I am not a swimmer in the first place and I found no exercises referring to treading of water. I do a lot...
  5. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    @Ollie: Thanks, Ollie. This is going to be helpful. I am going to study the movements you have noted above, of which some I already do, and jot others down. I take a 5 x 8 card with me on which is listed the exercises from the book I have (written by a PT doctor.) I will add the new ones from...
  6. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    What are some of the exercises your PT tells you to do? I am curious since I have no PT but do self-directed exercises from a book. Thanks, Ollie.
  7. Highpointer42

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    I am nine weeks out today (others have told me). I am sleeping maybe a LITTLE better. You've given me hope. Thank you.
  8. Highpointer42

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    OMG, I lost a week on the calendar and a month or two of sleep. Thanks for keeping me on track. Good day today, since I was actually walking a short distance on a hiking trail.
  9. Highpointer42

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Sleenie: I'll be at eight weeks tomorrow and just renewed my Ambien prescription. Come on, sleep !!!
  10. Highpointer42

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Are you able to sleep some yet? I am not: too restless all night long. My RTKA was 5/19/2014 too. I use Ambien, but it does not help much. ZZZZZZZZZ
  11. Highpointer42

    Bilateral TKR I can't get a good night's sleep after BLTKR. Almost 7 weeks post op. HELP!!

    I am nearly eight weeks beyond surgery and I have trouble sleeping, especially when I first go to sleep. My leg is hot and hotter. I use ice now and then, but not for too long, maybe 20 minutes, but I stay restless. Then I take two Vicodin around 11 p.m. and then Ambien when I next wake up. But...
  12. Highpointer42

    TKR Infection

    Pumpkin, you can add me to the infection (cellulitis) list. Struggled with it and the antibiotics for about a month. Prayers are with Janette.
  13. Highpointer42

    TKR Infection

    Janette, Just read your story and all of the helpful replies. Simply reading the comforting words will help. I had a RTKR on May 19th and developed cellulitis 8-10 days later after my body rejected a blood transfusion. I don't know where I picked up the infection because I ended up in three...
  14. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    I bought a book "Total Knee Replacement & Rehabilitation" for $3.47 online a couple of months ago - before the May 19th surgery - and it depicts exercises one can do in the water. You may search online for some ideas. Good luck with the Y pool and do be careful of others around you. Brrr. I...
  15. Highpointer42

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    Our pool is small, strictly therapeutic. It has the advantages of being clean, lots of dry towels, not busy-private you could say, ease of entry, and close proximity to home. One small disadvantage: the PT - actually a PT assistant - is on the passive side, doesn't offer too much, and so I have...
Back
Top Bottom