Recent content by hedgehog

  1. H

    TKR Hedgehog On The Mend

    Thanks for this info…even though I’ve been through this once it would seem I’m being way too aggressive.
  2. H

    TKR Hedgehog On The Mend

    Hedgehog back again! Had a RTKR on May 17. Recovery has been great (and honestly better than the LPKR 6 years ago). I plan to search the knee recovery forums for info, but I’m wondering, for those it’s relevant for, how long were you off of work? I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and while I’ve...
  3. H

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    Hello Hhaze. I’m almost 13 weeks out from a PKR and the sensitivity around the incision has been a challenge. I wasn’t able to tolerate pants, even loose ones, until around 8-9 weeks. Hello maxi-skirts and dresses. Thankfully I recovered during the warm season. It gets better each week. One...
  4. H

    TKR Hedgehog On The Mend

    Hello all! I’m 6 weeks post-surgery as of today and wanted to share an update. Each day I’m so thankful for being on the other side of my replacement and more importantly, nearly pain free for the first time in years. I have my 6 week post-op check up on Thursday and expect it to be...
  5. H

    July for first replacment

    I feel like it worked for me. I focused on my quads, hamstrings and hips. I believe it’s helped with my recovery and stability :)
  6. H

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Hi there, I learned that driving itself was good (little uneasy) but agree that getting in/out was a a challenge. I found myself natively making that twisting motion to swing my legs out of the car (same as pre-surg) and received a zap of pain for doing so. Slow and steady does it.
  7. H

    First time TKR June 27

    @Mutti3 i May have to delay my return to the gym beyond my target date. Ultimately my knee will be in charge of that decision. My gym is a small group format where each class has 8-10 ppl and every class is personal trainer led. They are fantastic at modifying for injuries or compromised...
  8. H

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Hi there! Nervous as I plan to drive for the first time. Sounds silly. Due to my being out of town prior to surgery, I have not been behind the wheel of a car since May 3rd! Hopefully you’ve recovered - I too had a big week and it really tired me out. Couple errands this morning as I...
  9. H

    First time TKR June 27

    Hello, I’m from Chicagoland as well. Who is doing your replacement? I had a PKR on 5/14 by Dr. Michael O’Roarke. So far so good! I also hit the lottery with my PT. I too was active my entire life (led to sport injuries and knee surgeries). I was in the gym, although with highly modified...
  10. H

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Pacosmom, hang in there. It sounds like you’re progressing, just in your knee’s own sweet time. Hugs.
  11. H

    Laborious job after partial

    Hello, I have had a total of 5 meniscus repairs (3 on left, 2 on right) prior to my LPKR. -I can say conclusively, for me, each and every recovery put more of a strain and load on the non-operated knee. -I also found that achieving stability, while moving through the recovery process each...
  12. H

    TKR Round Two: Bring It On!

    Hi, no info to offer on the propofol only, just dropping in to say good luck. I had LPKR on 5/10....but needed it last October. I struggled for 7 months in order to arrive at the optimum time to balance work and recovery. Good luck (and hopefully another voice will weigh in here on your...
  13. H

    TKR 7/24/18: Travel concerns

    Hello JamesN, I’ve been thinking about your thread for the last day. I will echo what many others have said about taking the needed time to recover while hitting pause on the travel. Like you, I travel a lot and I am the CEO of a consulting firm. The issue is that my firm only has 13...
  14. H

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Yay!! Celebrate the pain free walking around. I noticed the same earlier this week. My pain has greatly diminished and I can heartily say that right now, it’s less painful than it was prior to surgery. I know there will still be rough days (and nights) ahead, but it is invigorating. In my...
  15. H

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Wishing you a speedy recovery and as low of pain as possible. Big hugs
Back
Top Bottom