Recent content by hawkfan

  1. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    I finally had my left knee arthroscopic surgery on Monday! Was supposed to have it in December but Insurance Company didn’t approve it and I found out the day before surgery! I was at my pre-op appt. and called the doctors office with a question and the secretary told me they just heard back and...
  2. hawkfan

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Happy Anniversary! How very fortunate you are! Enjoy that pain free feeling!
  3. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    Thank you, @sistersinhim . I sure do hope I get answers. Better yet, that they can fix the problem!
  4. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    @Celle, no, just the left one. He won’t do both at same time.
  5. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    So here is an update. The Dr. I called for a second opinion at Mayo in Rochester sent me a letter saying he turned me down for an appointment. He said that he had nothing else to offer me that would be different or better than what my current OS was telling me. So I decided to go ahead with the...
  6. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    @Jockette i am sorry you are still having problems also. I also had lateral release but don’t know if that is my problem. There is pain there when I stand up but the obstruction seems to be in front of the knee for me. It is so confusing, it drives me crazy, not knowing how to fix it. Is it...
  7. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    Thank you @pumpkin for your encouragement. Thank you @Jamie for getting back to me so quickly! Dr. Taunton is in my network. I am nervous about this but it’s time to figure this all out.
  8. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    Well it has now been 9 months since my bilateral PKR and I havent posted in quite a long while. Unfortunately, I still have pain, stiffness and "that hunk of wood" feeling (as @Jockette says). It is very disappointing and upsetting. My main issues are if I have my knee bent for a while and...
  9. hawkfan

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I am happy you are doing so well! Saying that you have no pain is huge! Great pic of you and your handsome son. Good luck on this next adventure. I pray this one goes even better.
  10. hawkfan

    Better and better!

    @Mutti3 , I am almost 5 months out from bilateral pkr. I have a ways to go yet to be where I want to be, so I want to start easy yoga hoping it will strengthen my legs and help with stiffness. Can you tell me some of the best moves you would recommend for helping with recovery? You are an...
  11. hawkfan

    Welcome to the January Jackpots' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    I had bilateral partials done. Jan. 18, 2018. Please add . Thank you!
  12. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    My PT measured my rom as 128 on right and 125 on left. -1 flexion on both. So good there at least. Should my walking be smooth feeling and more normal by now? I have never needed a cane and my gait is normal, just have stiffness and wierd feeling, and of course I walk slower. Feel old..:bawl:
  13. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    Where I am at: 11 weeks post op. Can walk up stairs leg over leg, but not easily. Going down is harder bc of my left knee. Feels like bone sticking in the front of the knee. Not free movement. Ride stationary recumbent bike 10-15 min. Once or twice a day. Walk about 7 blocks at most as muscles...
  14. hawkfan

    PKR Bilateral patellofemoral KRs<

    @katchmo, I was so happy to hear from you! thank you for sharing and encouragement! I re-read your post also. have been too tired to respond. I have gone back to work now full time so I have been dead tired after. Getting stronger though! That was my situation exactly!!! we are definitely...
Back
Top Bottom