Hey @No pain 2023! haven't heard from you much but wanted you to check out this post. It's fantastic news for your recovery.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/runningfree%E2%80%99s-recovery-journey.71346/post-1592321
You absolutely need every bit of that year for all those bone, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and such to heal. Some people are able to get back to "normal" sooner but healing is still happening.
I think you're doing great for just over 8 weeks (whispering of a 52 week recovery timeline).
Earlier in the recovery, I would ditch the cane early in the day and grab it later. I found that I consistently lost my good posture and my even gait when I was tired, and fatigue set in most in the...
Ahhhh, what a great report. I love to read the "I'm getting my life back" posts. :yahoo: As for getting old, it's not for the faint of heart but definitely better than the alternative, hahaha.
I think at 6 months, I felt more normal but the knee was still the star of every event. Also, I could very easily land myself in the ODIC corner if I tried to really do "normal". There's still a lot of healing going on but you are well on your way.
Congrats! :flwrysmile:
What are you...
Hi @Suzanna. It's not unusual for aches to crop up in other body parts as we get adjusted to life with our new knee. I had to get the "good" knee (which was also very arthritic) shot up a few times during the LTKR recovery. With that said, if PT hurts roll it back a bit - you may simply be doing...
I'm glad it all went well. Listen to Brooklyn and she'll treat you well. Here's a little healing chart that helped me understand where I was in my recovery and why I was experiencing certain oddities. I hope it helps you and Brooklyn, too.
What others have said is true, you do have to train your body to walk correctly. I have walked toes out all of my life. It seems my new knees don't have that issue but I have to remind myself to walk with my feet straight, even now.
I think if you're limping, you should continue to use your...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.