TKR No pain 2023 is now post op.

Good morning! Like Peachy, I’m a bit ahesd of you and now 4 weeks today. I had PT both Monday and yesterday. Very gentle PT so far but after yesterdays session, sleep was really poor and up at 3:30am. Knee is sore and stiff…but I liked the PT session. 10 mins on a bike and lots of massage of muscles and tendons. I’m at 95 on flex and 0 on extension but even after two easy PT sessions, my knee is aching all night. Just tylenol and Gabapentin for pain. Its very clear we all heal at a different pace! Congrats if yours is moving along quite well with minimal discomfort
 
I’m at 95 on flex and 0 on extension but even after two easy PT sessions, my knee is aching all night.
This is definitely an indication that you are doing too much for your knee at this stage of healing. If you back off, you would lose nothing but will gain less pain and swelling and better sleep. You just had a major surgery, not a sports injury. PT for the two is different. Slower = better after a joint replacement.
 
Hey @No pain 2023. We had our procedures the same day. I just went through a bout of "I can do that...." and managed to cause myself a lot of pain. getting on the right side of the pain curve now but thankfully I will remember what I can't do! Take care.
 
Hey @No pain 2023. We had our procedures the same day. I just went through a bout of "I can do that...." and managed to cause myself a lot of pain. getting on the right side of the pain curve now but thankfully I will remember what I can't do! Take care.
Incredible fine line between doing too much and not enough. And thats tough for someone who is impatient! We all will heal at a different pace with lots of ups and downs.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you and Brooklyn :wink: are doing well. With any luck getting into the car and sitting in chairs is getting easier for you. It all takes time, but you'll get there.:yes:
Happy healing!
@No pain 2023
 
Hey @No pain 2023! haven't heard from you much but wanted you to check out this post. It's fantastic news for your recovery.

 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom