Recent content by Happy girl

  1. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Just completed week 7, and gazing into week 8 with so much longing!!!! A quick update from me :) Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!! Or not as the case may be!!! Well I have turned a few corners in the last 2 weeks, I feel stronger and more able to just do things in general. I started...
  2. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Well I've finally reached the 5 week mark and I'm feeling so much better both psychologically and physically. I can now walk on one crutch although I'm not overdoing it and walk with 2 outside of if I feel as though I'm leaning. I now don't need any painkillers until around 4pm, which makes me...
  3. Happy girl

    THR On the other side

    Hi @Royal 1383 I'm in the UK and don't have any physio until week 8. I suspect that will be a walking check above all else. All I have been doing is walking in the house and up and down the road outside. I also go up and down my stairs twice a day. I'm 4 and a half weeks now, and I don't take...
  4. Happy girl

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Oops wrong username!!! Thanks @sommers 16.....it's so very difficult to be kind to yourself sometimes isn't it! I will be ok, but for tonight I'm just going to let it be. Things are always better in the morning anyway. Here's to better and brighter days :) Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from...
  5. Happy girl

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks @Summers 16.....it's so very difficult to be kind to yourself sometimes isn't it! I will be ok, but for tonight I'm just going to let it be. Things are always better in the morning anyway. Here's to better and brighter days :) Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  6. Happy girl

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Well I'm sat here and the tears are steaming down my face. I'm 49 and feel 89, any small speck of progress over the last few days feel like no progress at all. I tell my myself to get a grip, and that there are people far worse off than me. Problem is that isn't working at the moment. I find...
  7. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    I've been trying to figure out what's wrong, and I honestly wonder if it's my mattress? I tried to mimic the same position as my recliner but no joy. I've got a mattress topper because I always found my bed uncomfy before to be honest. I'm trying not to be too stressed about it and as with...
  8. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Oh and forgot to say that my hubby has done his back in..so no trip to the garden centre today. Not to worry, the weather is rubbish anyway!!! Hope everyone is sleeping soundly xx Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  9. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Well I'm just over 4 weeks now and yesterday I progressed to sticks from my crutches. I'm still suffering from a bit of log leg but it's so much better than it was. With my new found confidence I thought I would try and sleep in bed....big mistake!!!! It's 4.20 am and I'm back on the recliner :(...
  10. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Goodness you've been driving @msmo wow!!! I don't trust myself yet but I'm going to see how I am at the end of next week :) I'm hoping to have a trip out to the garden centre on Saturday xx Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  11. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Hey @msmo....lovely to hear from you :) it's so reassuring when you know you are not alone especially as we are close in our recovery. I'm still swollen around my knee and lower thigh and I think this is stopping my progression. I'm still on crutches even though the booklet I have from the...
  12. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    @Jaycey...could you help re my last posts please? Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  13. Happy girl

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    Hi @Bizzy Lizzy....I've got skin glue with my hip but had clips when I had a Caesarian years ago. It didn't hurt me at all. Try and have your meds 30 mins before, that's what I did :) Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  14. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Meant to add...mid outer thigh area Right THR 10th June 2016 Sent from my iPhone
  15. Happy girl

    THR Post surgery hip

    Well today I'm officially at the three and a half week point in my recovery. I'm managing to walk a little further every two days or so, still on my crutches. My wound looks good, and I'm continuing to elevate and ice regularly. I feel as though I'm improving every week, and managing to keep my...
Back
Top Bottom