I have not been on here in awhile but having moved, am waiting to get into see a new ortho and they can't see me until 1 Oct. I am 1½ years post PKR (patella) and on Wednesday I fell directly on the knee onto concrete. It has been swollen and painful since and nothing seems to help.
I am now...
Thinking I need to call my OS about this tomorrow. I now have severe pain from my knee to my groin. Today has been a very light activity day and am in more pain than on the day I worked in the garden....
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
Ok ty. My mom said it looks like a bakers cyst. All I know is that it hurts and isn't going away. I will discuss it with my OS
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
@Josephine, thank you. I go back to surgeon on March 3rd. Is this something that can wait until than to address or should I be calling and trying to get in sooner?
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
Been icing multiple times every day and very minimal excercise. No PT just daily activity. Thank you
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
Hey all, have not been on here in awhile. Progress has been good but lately I have been having increased pain in my knee and it has started giving out on me again. I'm not due for another follow up with my OS for a month but a little concerned. I also have this bump on the bottom side of my...
The weirdest ones (and painful) are the stitches that are pushing thru the scar on the side of my knee from my bone graft 14 years ago...
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
@Celle, ty I thought the same about the pus. And it's very red and angry at each spot that one came thru and where you can see them trying to come out.
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
@newlybionic, thank you. I did not like seeing any pus or blood coming from it, freaked me out a little until I saw the sutures but still not liking it. I am going to call his nurse in the am. I put a gauze wrap on it for the night since I don't want anything getting in.
Right knee...
Ty Celle and newlybionic!
New concern and hoping it's nothing. I know from past surgeries that I tend to reject disolvable sutures and my OS pulled one on Monday that was truncated by my incision. Every surgery I've had I have spit alot of them but always before incision was healed or it would...
So new sensation today.. with the swelling being pretty much gone I noticed today that I can "feel" the difference in my knee, almost feels like a joint hinge. Doesn't hurt but feels strange and can tell it's not my real knee cap. Has anyone else felt this?
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy...
Had my 6 week post op today and still very happy with my OS :) . He is very happy with my progress and not happy with my former PT. He said what they did in forcing my knee is manipulation and he only allows that with his patients as MUA and only if after 3 or 4 months there has been no progress...
So a few firsts this week. Had my first long road trip, 6 hours to my mom's house. My knee handled that pretty well but I wasn't driving. Today I helped make pies and dinner.... that was definitely too much today. I probably should have taken more breaks today since I am now laid up for the...
My fever was popping up to 100.9 only once crossed into the 101 range for up to 4 weeks post op. OS said as long as was under 101.4 he was not concerned about infection but to keep an eye on it.
Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.