PKR Fall 1½ years post op

hacker0721

Country
United States United States
I have not been on here in awhile but having moved, am waiting to get into see a new ortho and they can't see me until 1 Oct. I am 1½ years post PKR (patella) and on Wednesday I fell directly on the knee onto concrete. It has been swollen and painful since and nothing seems to help.

I am now having severe stabbing pain in the knee and radiating pain from foot to hip. I haven't gone to ER because honestly all they do for knees usually is xray, immobilize, give crutches and say go to ortho. But now this pain has me concerned.

Oopsie, that's okay.
Thanks for stopping by, even if it was accidental, lol.
Wishing you comfort and relief from your pain. :console2:
@hacker0721

Hacker0721,
Welcome back, sorry you are having trouble with your PKR.
I have merged your threads, no worries.
Suggest you start elevating and icing your knee, to help with pain and swelling. You may want to start using crutches or other assistive device to take the weight off your knee until you can see your OS.
Call the OS office and ask to be put on a waiting list.

So sorry about your fall. If you’re in that much pain I suggest that you go to an urgent care center to have it xrayed and get some pain medicine. If they think it’s urgent they should assist in getting you an ortho appointment in the next 24 hours. You can also call your insurance company to assist with getting an appointment sooner. Good luck!

I’m going to tag @Josephine for you.

I had a Patellofemoral on 3-13-17. Mine is not going well and I fear a fall and need to go to an ER. I don’t really want an ER doctor getting involved with my knee.

I saw a different surgeon in another state for a second opinion. He wasn’t interested, but at least I’ve seen him once and his practice has an urgent care office, so that’s where I would go if I need it. (90 minutes away)

Did you call your new office and tell them you fell? Seems to me since you have an injury they would make time for you before your appointment in October. If they don’t, maybe they are not the right group for you. Maybe try calling some others.

How was your Patellofemoral doing before you fell? Mine has never felt right.

More than likely you have soft tissue damage and your implant is OK, but to be sure, you need to see an OS. I agree that I wouldn't want anyone touching my knees but an OS!

I fell directly on mine 2 weeks before it was a year old. It swelled and gave me lots of pain for about a month. The implant was fine, not so my poor soft tissues. Try the icing and elevating and if it doesn't improve, insist on seeing an OS.

I am now having severe stabbing pain in the knee and radiating pain from foot to hip.
Perhaps you would show me the site of your pain using these charts

aa hip-references-horz.jpg
aa knee-references-horz.jpg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks
Back