Recent content by Gweilo19

  1. G

    What did you pack in your hospital bag?

    Raw unsalted almonds. Pretzels. Raisins. Don't laugh. The hospital food was SO bad and I was not very hungry most of the time. A few almonds or a few raisins came in handy Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. G

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    I've had fibro for years and have taken norflex (extended release muscle relaxant) and 25mg of topamax. Also switched my statin drug from simvastatin to livalo. BIG help! Savella helps some people (I'm not one of them). I do as much exercise as possible on the GOOD days. Good luck. Sent from...
  3. G

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    6 weeks Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. G

    TKR Cellebrex issues

    Celebrex is a wonderful drug. I can't take it, but for reasons other than yours. There are plenty of other options out there. Disclaimer... The following is only my opinion: Keep pain management as a top priority and advocate for yourself as often and as "loud" as you have to. You can't do the...
  5. G

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    2.5 weeks Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. G

    Are You All Prepped for Monday - Fellow June 9 Operatees?

    On the other side now. "See" you there. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. G

    How long did you stay in hospital?

    3 nights in hospital. 9 days in rehab facility. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. G

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi, big tuna--I'm actually out further northwest. At a centegra hospital. It's been interesting doing the research and seeing there are so many different protocols. You're in good hands at your hospital. I work pretty close to it and have heard only good things from previous patients and their...
  9. G

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Regarding Wheaton jewelers, window shopping was about as far as I ever got. I will have to ask my friend Linda. So I have now learned I am to be envied for having an excuse for not having to shave my leg(s) for a while (LOL) and have moved on to obsessing about nerve block catheters being...
  10. G

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Betsy-Knees--hi. I'm out in the boonies now... Southern McHenry county. Grew up in Wheaton. Am glad to find this forum. Instead of worrying about the surgery, I have now become distracted with this no-shaving thing, which I stumbled upon on bone smart. LOL.
  11. G

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 9. Rt knee. NW Chicago suburbs.
Back
Top Bottom