Guest viewing is limited

How long did you stay in hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my bilateral I stayed in hospital for 3 1/2 days and then went to a rehab for 18 days and glad I did!!!
 
Surgery on Tuesday, home Friday morning...would have gone home Thursday but I fell down Wednesday so they kept me an extra day.
 
:dancy:In the hospital on Monday and home on Sunday but I developed a DVT so my extended stay was required while we waited for my Coumadin levels to reach the appropriate levels. Had it not been for the DVT then I would have gone home 3-4 days after surgery.
 
LTKR on Monday, RTKR on Thursday, transferred to inpatient rehab on Saturday, home from rehab the following Friday. I actually could have gone home straight from the hospital, but having those 6 days in rehab to think only about myself got me off to a really good start.
 
Surgery Monday - home Friday morning - but had a very invasive procedure
 
@referee54
I agree with you totally - there are huge variations in normal - although we all have the *same* TKRs we all come to this surgery from different places which reflects in the length of hospital stay
  • we all have different *backstories* that lead to our TKR - OA, RA, sports injuries and accidents etc
  • we have all had differing levels of disability for differing time periods
  • although we have the *same* operations there are different protheses involved that may be less/more invasive than others
  • we all have different pain management needs and reactions that can take different amounts of time to stabilize
  • there are wide variations in what is considered normal aftercare following discharge (varies by hospital/country). Based on the experiences of people on this site it seems *normal* to do all of the following:
    • go to inpatient rehabs and nursing facillities
    • go home with home care/ home PT several times per week
    • go home with outpatient PT several times a week
    • go home without any formal PT - a sheet of exercises and follow-up/ROM measurement 6 weeks later
So we are all the same - yet all different
 
Surgery on Thursday then transferred to Rehab center on Sunday. Was there for almost two weeks because I was learning to use stairs.
Hope to be out of Rehab sooner this time for left knee:)
 
About 42 hours and then home.
It would have one night but I reacted to a medication and stayed another night.
 
Hi all,

New to this site and finding it very helpful to read the posts and gain much needed information and advice.

Had my pre-assessment day on Thursday 19 June for surgery on 17 July. (Had met with the OS on Monday 16 June). Saw assessment doctor, Ortho Nurse and physiotherapist & given pre-op exercises.
Then had the usual pre-op tests EKG and X-ray, blood work etc.

Told I would be in the hospital for 5 days post - op and then rehab facility for 10-14 days.

We live in a house with lots & lots of stairs. Twelve stairs from ground floor to first landing and then another five to my bedroom and then eight stairs from the bedroom to the bathroom, so having the time in the rehab facility will be of benefit before I have to have the stairs at home.

Will keep looking at their site and forums for inspiration, advice and support.
 
3 nights in hospital. 9 days in rehab facility.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom