Recent content by Gum168

  1. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    @Josephine, I have to ask about your picture of the kitten. Is that yours? So cute! Feels like forever since our 2 were kittens, they'll be 6 this year. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  2. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Yeay. Had my 6 week check up yesterday and all is good. Surgeon said he was impressed that although I had a stick with me, I carried it and walked well. I still take a stick out as I'm a bit prone to being over confident about my walking stamina, but I don't use it until I need it. Best of...
  3. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Thanks @Josephine and @Jaycey. Must admit that although it's been lovely having everyone here, I am starting to get Royally fed up with laying/sitting 95% of the time. I know it's best for now, and I should take advantage of the extra hands around the place, but it's late afternoon now, and 15...
  4. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Aaww @MountainGirl. I sympathise, I know that early hours of the morning feeling too well. I've been downloading podcasts of my favourite radio programmes (BBC radio 4, talk type radio) and playing them with earphones in the middle of the night. More often than not I need to replay again next...
  5. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    2 weeks 3 days out. Christmas over, New Year to come, and I can't wait for 2014. This will be the first year I'll stop being afraid of pain for the first time in about 8 years or so. :-D :-D :-D. I'm craving a walk with our dogs, who have happily shifted loyalty to other family members now...
  6. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Thanks @Jaycey. I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for the reassurance. Kim Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  7. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Hmm, yes, I forgot about the discrimination thing. As it happens we know 2 of the gps in a roundabout way, so I'm thinking of passing it back that way. A question. Has anybody had numbness near the incision? I'm 13 days post op today and theres an area bit bigger than the palm of my hand...
  8. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Incidentally that surgery site is less than 10 years old, those benches aren't a relic from a past time. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  9. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    Thanks @Josephine. I was warned it's likely to happen, and I'm sure the fact that the fluid is kept above the top of the Ted socks isn't helping, when I was pregnant it started in my ankles and worked it's way up. This time it's got stuck below the knee. Ah well, at least everyone is getting a...
  10. Gum168

    THR I made it over the hurdle.

    10 days out now. Off to get my stitch taken out in an hour. Surgeon very kindly gave me one of those super neat single thread from one end to the other seams. As a keen sewer, I approve. Hopefully will be a minimal scar. All is well, I made myself a pain medication schedule and set alarms on...
  11. Gum168

    Panic stations

    Me too. I'm in :-) Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  12. Gum168

    Panic stations

    Re the last few posts Chrissie @Hoppy nappy and Bill @fulafoto. 3 years ago in January I had a hip Arthroscopy that partially sorted out my problem. I also went from dog walking for up to 2 hours or more most days, to struggling with a slow half mile with a crutch (same as this time). It was a...
  13. Gum168

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    Congratulations! Kim Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  14. Gum168

    Panic stations

    Oh Bill, I just read through all of this. Poor you. I'm constantly aware of how very lucky I am. We have family private health inurance as part of my husband's salary package so it was 1 month and 5 days from my GP appointment to the knife (and power tools). It might have been a bit longer but...
Back
Top Bottom