Recent content by Gran17

  1. Gran17

    TKR HAPPY 2 years with my new knee...

    Thank you all... Glad to help.. I had a lot when I was where you are.. I love this site and all the people on it !!!
  2. Gran17

    TKR HAPPY 2 years with my new knee...

    Cindy , I was the same way...it is so normal to be nervous... The results will be worth it...just dont watch a video of the surgery... Lol. I made that mistake.... You will do great... Time does heal this would.... Praying for a speedy recovery when you have your surgery... You are making the...
  3. Gran17

    TKR HAPPY 2 years with my new knee...

    :wowspring:Mary Beth, you will get there. I had a real hard time with inflammation due to my RA.. Oh Im happy for the day you can say this too... Trust me, I thought It would never be the same... So that is true---- cuz its WAY BETTER than my old knee... Keep on keeping on !!!
  4. Gran17

    Weight loss after knee replacement??

    Not tru... I lost almost 40 lbs after my RTKR.... Been 2 years now and I kept it off... Maybe a 2 lb gain.......in 2 years. Not bad......
  5. Gran17

    TKR HAPPY 2 years with my new knee...

    HAPPY 2 ANNIVERSARY TO MY KNEE...., 2 years ago I was not as happy with my new knee as I am today !!!!!! It was ROUGH, I cried and wished I had not done it.... Took me around 9 months to say. yes, I would do the other knee if needed.. I LOVE MY NEW KNEE... been 2 years I still call it...
  6. Gran17

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Nanners.... I did miss it.. Sorry.. I actually went to bed too early... Hope everyone is having a great new year..... I am doing fine... Most times, I forget I have a new knee.. Cant believe now that its 2014 it will be 2 years in July.... Wowoowowowow....its good to come out of that dark...
  7. Gran17

    TKR Well, I made it to the other side (surgery 12/6/13)

    Johnrork, sounds crazy.. What will u do... I would be done with Walgreens...I dont even think thats legal.....ck into it.... So sorry, I know you need your meds....
  8. Gran17

    TKR 7 months post op and very disappointed.....

    :kitty chris:Hey everyone...On Christmas day I will be 16 months out from my RTNR... Wow time flies..my knee is doing great.. Sometimes if I forget and turn the wrong way, it reminds me but it was so worth the surgery.. If you are in a place, where we all have been, thinking you will never be...
  9. Gran17

    TKR Well, I made it to the other side (surgery 12/6/13)

    :presnt:Johnrork, NUTS NUTS NUTS, i am still on pain medication and I have to eat cashews and fruit every day to help with the " Stopage".. If I miss a day without them and some fruit, I don't poop... Plus the protein is good for you....lots of water too... Hope that helps..
  10. Gran17

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Hey girl I am about 15 months out and mine still gets a little Stiff at times and gets a little warm..... BUT so much Better than pre- replacement.... Most times I forget I have a new knee. My new knee is bigger than my other knee.... Good excuse not to wear shorts !!! Haas. Life is GOOD!
  11. Gran17

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Yeah. Congrats on your anniversary... I had mine July ...like you I still know my knee is fake and still have ocassional stiffness and warmth.. Would I do it over????? YES YES YES.. Those painul times after surgery really just dont compare to the nagging gnawing pain I had with my old knee...
  12. Gran17

    TKR Debbie1954

    CONGRATS DEBBIE... I just celebrated a year July 25 th... Yeah we did it..it eas kinda , no it WAS rough for months but we did make it. This meeting place of all these wonderful people helped me more than any doctor could. I took their advice, cried alot maye even said some words I shoulnt...
  13. Gran17

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KNEE

    PTL. ONE YEAR TODAY!!!!!! Been a long year in some ways and not in others.. Best thing I could have done... If you are a neebie..HANG IN THERE.... There are better days coming and you will be so glad you made it.. Stay on this site for support. Mt buddies here helped me thru some dark...
  14. Gran17

    TKR I have a new knee!

    CONGRATS... REMEMBER ME.. i ts my knees bday too !!!! Cannot believ its been a year... I am doing great too.. We are so blessed to have this behind us... Getting past those very rough months seems like like. Memory now... Sure hope all goes well with your foot...its sad we get one thing...
  15. Gran17

    I'm baaaaaaaaaak. Almost a year out.

    Well, my kitty,Bella rules the roost..We rescued her from a rescuer.HHaaa.. She survived while her siblings and mother did not in a vicious attack by a coyete they think... I adore her.. Yes, I sure hope my trip down new knee land, helps those who are feeling hopeless and think life will never...
Back
Top Bottom