Recent content by GrammyRocks

  1. GrammyRocks

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    I so agree with quitting PT. I really liked my PT person but at 6 weeks she put some light weight pads on my shins and had me do 20 legs lifts on each leg, said to strengthen my hips. I was in pain for 5-6 days. Of course she wouldn’t take responsibility for it. I went twice more, saw my doctor...
  2. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    I guess I’m a slow learner... switched from taking Percocet to Tramadol last Wednesday at end of week 4 and tried to start reducing dosage by the chart on Bone Smart - but too soon! So after little or no sleep for a couple nights I increased the Tramadol and Gabapentin to prescribed dosages and...
  3. GrammyRocks

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Welcome to the other side!
  4. GrammyRocks

    TKR Five days and a wake-up!

    Welcome! You can get so many questions answered here and such amazing support, usually quicker than a Dr’s office can get back to you. Good luck with your surgery and hope to see you here soon.
  5. GrammyRocks

    TKR I did it!!

    I can’t imagine being back at work so soon! My TKR was January 6 and there is no way I could handle working along with everything else involved with this recovery process. The laptop desk sounds like a possible temporary solution, at least you could keep your feet up in a recliner. Hoping you...
  6. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    Love this, putting a copy beside my chair!
  7. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    I did skip PT, cancelled all appointments until further notice. Visit with OS went well, he is pleased with my progress, said keep doing whatever I am doing. I still struggle with sensitive nerve pain, especially in the evenings and don’t believe the Gabapentin is helping that. I made a couple...
  8. GrammyRocks

    TKR TKR on bowlegs

    @MoxieB I had TKR in 2015 for bone on bone, have been extremely bow legged since childhood and the doctor corrected my left knees bow legginess during surgery. I just had my right TKR January 6, 2021 for bone on bone, corrected bowleg also. For the first time in my 73 years I have two straight...
  9. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    It’s almost been 3 weeks since surgery. I finished in home health care/PT last Friday, begin outpatient PT Monday and see my OS on Tuesday. I’m still taking 1-2 Percocet every 4-6 hours and Gabapentin at night to help ease the nerve pain. I guess my recovery is going as well as possible but will...
  10. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    The recovery so far has been what I expected after having my left knee done in 2016 (and swore then I would NEVER have the right one done!) Home Health comes out, does their thing, assigns me PT exercises to do and I do some but never to the point of pain. I’ve read so much on your site and know...
  11. GrammyRocks

    TKR Made it to the other side!

    Twelve days post-op from TKR - good days, not so good days, some teary times, just a bit of a roller coaster ride right now.
  12. GrammyRocks

    TKR January 6, 2021

    Glad to be back, this forum helped me so much with my first TKR 5 years ago!
  13. GrammyRocks

    TKR January 6, 2021

    Surgery next week, getting nervous.
  14. GrammyRocks

    TKR swollen knee<

    @hoopsw12 I've been reading your posts and think we're at about the same point in recovery. My tkr was 10/16/15 so I was at 10 weeks Christmas Day. I'm still having pain and swelling but like you have tried to cut out my pain meds, was taking Percocet 5/325 4/5 times a day, cut it down to a half...
  15. GrammyRocks

    TKR Sounds

    @Thesoutherncook - saw your post and am so happy for you, that's a lot of cookies and marshmallows! I'm at 10 weeks and waiting for the day I can forget this knee, there are moments but never for very long. I agree that the baking, shopping, decorating, and wrapping take a tole on the ole knee...
Back
Top Bottom