TKR Five days and a wake-up!

Mangiamom

Country
United States United States
This is my first post in the pre-op area. I’ve learned sooooo much here on BoneSmart! My TKR is going down on Thursday, Feb. 11th and I’m psyched! Definitely nervous about the recovery but my “plan” is to stay positive!! And I’m praying I can stick to my plan! I KNOW I’ll be looking for support (and encouragement :friends:) in the post-op area.

Welcome!

Best wishes for your surgey! We’ll be with you all the way!

Here’s some pre op reading for you:

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Welcome! I’m glad you decided to post. Everyone on here is so supportive and thoughtful with so much experience to share! You only have a couple days to go- do you have any preparations made for when you get home?

Welcome! You can get so many questions answered here and such amazing support, usually quicker than a Dr’s office can get back to you. Good luck with your surgery and hope to see you here soon.

@Mangiamom Welcome to BoneSmart! Not long now! You have come to the right place for support through this journey. We are with you all the way!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom