Hi to all. It's just past one year since hip surgery and I'm posting my update.
I had my one year appointment with my surgeon last week.
x-rays are good and my hip is great to the point where I rarely think of it.
It's strong,stable and my leg functions perfectly. I have no limitations and can...
I'm doing well..doing everything with a bit of caution or forethought. The pain you're describing happens to me...still....in the same area last week. I remember grabbing the back of my upper leg and thinking that's a bit tender. It just passed quite quickly. I'd say soft tissue.
If you're...
Last couple of days I've developed a tenderness in the front of my hip. I feel it when I'm lying down or half reclining in bed. It's not a sharp pain.
I can stand and walk normally. No problems moving around.
The feeling is in the front on the top of the hip. Feels a bit swollen and isolated...
Have made my 5 month mark and feeling grateful and happy with my outcome.
Positives are no pain :yes!: and flexibility. Walking long distances is easy.
I'm progressively improving with stairs. There's still a little niggle when stepping up but it's better. If I've had a big day I feel a bit of...
Considering my age...about 3 months for me to be fully healed. I didn't bandage or have a sling. Breathing hurt so as weeks went by the more I could expand my lungs with deep breaths the more I could feel I was healing.
The young ones around 4 to 6 weeks but clearly not me.
Just nurse your...
Cracked ribs hurt so much. When I broke mine I thought I was having a heart attack.:yikes:
You might need the saved up pain pills for your rib pain. I was on Oxycodone for weeks.... it was so bad.:shocked::flabber:
I really hope you have a peaceful week. Val is the best:kittykiss:
I developed back pain after my hip surgery. My sciatica was terrible. A sudden pinch in my back and leg that stopped me in my tracks.
Never suffered from back pain in my life but after a few weeks as my hip improved the back pain disappeared and hasn't returned.
Maybe your body is realigning...
Wowee.. you've been through the mill and looking at your pictures made me wonder where you got your strength from. Not just you but your family who would have also felt what you felt and done what they could to help and support you.
I think playing with your grandaughter and walking with your...
Wowee.. you've been through the mill and looking at your pictures made me wonder where you got your strength from. Not just you but your family who would have also felt what you felt and done what they could to help and support you.
I think playing with your grandaughter and walking with your...
I think a big positive is that you can manage stairs so well which I would say your hip is solid.
I'm progressively improving pain free and no issues with mobility but stairs are still causing an ache in the soft tissue around my hip.I can feel every step up on my operated side. It's my last...
My husband reads short ghost stories before bed. I say " how can you sleep reading that???"
He says it relaxes him.:yikes::shocked: and he sleeps very well.:sleeep:
The cold you'll recover from...good work on the sink...use whatever paper goods to get you by, there's compostable available...
I found that by walking around home, icing and resting in-between was the quickest way to recover.
I have to date done very little pt other than walking and just over 4 months I'm back to living actively and pain free.
Whatever hurts don't do it.. you're aggravating you new hip.
Take it...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.