Recent content by gogreen

  1. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    So far So good, Went for a mile walk and about 10 min. on my my bike. Hardest thing now is working on my gait. Really have to concentrate on standing straight and going heel toe or I still limp a little. I need to stretch some of those tight muscles.
  2. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    Been away for a while. Its been 6 weeks. Had to drive out of necessity after 2 weeks and that went well. Gave up the pain meds after 1 week. (just a tylenol once in a while). Went back to work 2 days a week after 3 1/2/weeks. Accompanied a group of special ed. students to the National Cherry...
  3. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    well day 14, went for my first drive, didn't actually intend to. home nurse took clear bandage off today. she saw a little drainage. she called drs. office and they said come so they could look at it. I called all my drivers and noone was available. I was cleared by PT yesterday to drive but I...
  4. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    LOL:heehee: I hadn't really thought about skipping but....hmm. Not yet.
  5. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    PT just left. added a couple of standing exercises. Said everything looked good. said ditch the walker and use the cane-woohoo:happydance::happydance:
  6. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    Donor- yep I had eggs for breakfast in more ways than one:heehee:
  7. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    Oops, I think I overdid a little yesterday. My dad has been in hospital since day before my surgery. He has moderate dementia and aphasia so it has been hard on him. I had taken some heat for not visiting so I got my son to drive me. It was a long walk from parking lot (even with handicap...
  8. gogreen

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    I think they are great:ice:i have pretty much given up the strong pain killers and i think it could be because of these cold packs.:yes!: well, have a good night all.
  9. gogreen

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    Glad I could help. I have three of these gel packs. they are just the right size. I use them on my hip, my knee, my head if I get a head ache. I have one with me all the time.
  10. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    took a couple more walks around the garden, somebody really needs to pull some weeds. rode with my husband out to the cemetery to water flowers, had no trouble getting into and out of our minivan. did my PT exercises (except for leg raises) only once. Knee feels alot better today.
  11. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    Took a walk around the garden. Its a beautiful day here in TC. It was kind of hard with the walker but it was good too get out. May try a car ride later.
  12. gogreen

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    I found a gel pack called Cryomax cold pack at Walgreens that work great. It comes with a cloth cover with a velcro strap. It claims to last 8 hrs (my experience is closer to5-6 hrs which is still pretty good) I love it and now have 3 so I always have one ready to go.
  13. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    Thanks, I will skip the PT today and just walk. THe weather has been really nice latelynso will try to get outside more today. My hubby wants to go out for breakfast (Father's Day) But I'm not sure I am up for that yet. Plus I guess I am a little vain. I was hoping to be off the walker before I...
  14. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    I know, I know. If it hurts don't do it. But won't there be some pain with some of the exercises no matter what. I did venture out on the deck today so now have a longer(and prettier:flwrysmile:) pathway to walk. so I will walk more and skip the leg raises for now.
  15. gogreen

    THR Feeling great so far

    well, here it is day 8. Feeling great. tried switching to cane for a few walks to the kitchen. seemed to be no problem. Did PT exercises this morning and will try again this afternoon. Still have trouble with leg raises but can do the rest. only taking 1 500 mg tylenol every 6 hours and that...
Back
Top Bottom