Recent content by Giraffe44

  1. Giraffe44

    THR One Year After

    Thank you, Poppet, for the nutritional information. I'll definitely try some of the suggestions. Sharon, I suspect a massage therapist could help if I could find one inexpensively. As you know, our health care system is totally mucked up and I don't know what I can afford. Josephine, what...
  2. Giraffe44

    THR One Year After

    One year ago today, my pastor, my husband and I drove through the early morning pitch darkness to the hospital for my hip surgery. I finally realized it was real when we pulled into the parking lot and it was all I could do to keep from running for it (except, of course, I couldn't run). The...
  3. Giraffe44

    THR My Intro...

    Sorry, just trying to be encouraging.
  4. Giraffe44

    THR My Intro...

    Welcome, Cardie. Recovery is a long, slow process. My surgery was over 8 months ago and my incision is still sore, I'm way off balance and find it very hard to put my weight on the operated side. That said, I can walk--no cane, no nothing, just me. And the awful bone on bone pain is gone. I...
  5. Giraffe44

    THR It's all good!

    Welcome to the good side, Shadow09. I'm glad you're doing so well. Just remember that this is a long trip you're embarking on. Your body will heal at its own pace and you need to respect that. Just rest, elevate and ice and enjoy the down time. :SUNsmile:
  6. Giraffe44

    THR Help, my leg feels longer.....

    Doupie, for heaven's sake, be nice to yourself. Your body will heal the way it wants to, not the way you want it to. There are all kinds of soft tissue things that can go wrong even if nothing was cut. Nothing fatal, just painful. Make yourself available to your clients by phone at certain...
  7. Giraffe44

    THR I'm on the post-op side now. So far so good.

    Welcome to the good side, SanDiegoHippy. Be nice to yourself and remember that you're in for a long haul but with a great new life at the end. :yay:
  8. Giraffe44

    THR Just new

    MollyB, be nice to yourself. You can't set a schedule for your healing. Your body will do that. It's been 8 months for me and I still have pain in my thigh when I overdo. It is a long, slow, emotional, frustrating but ultimately extremely rewarding process. :bicycle2:
  9. Giraffe44

    THR bighousebob got too much pt

    Big House Bob, don't let any pt person hurt you. They don't feel the pain. I've had to refuse to do things that pt folks wanted me to do because of the severe pain. it's your body so pay attention to it. Hips, I'm told by somebody who knows, pretty well take care of their own long term healing
  10. Giraffe44

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Welcome, Rah Rah. Just remember that each and every one of heals at his/her own pace. There will be ups and downs, physical progress, physical regress. I'm 8 months along and while I am so much better than before the operation, I'm not healed by any means. Hang in there. :kittykiss:
  11. Giraffe44

    THR Yampster is on the road to recovery

    Welcome to your recovery! It gets so much better.:happydance:
  12. Giraffe44

    THR Newbie

    One of the big things to remember is that you have had Major surgery. It's awfully frustrating not to be able to do everything you want to, but take it easy. It's a long, long haul and each of has to heal at his/her own speed. Ten days is nothing. Elevate, ice and be nice to yourself. I'll...
  13. Giraffe44

    THR Watch out tennis balls ! Tennisnut has landed

    ladies, I have a question, 2 weeks post op and dong just fine, off all pain meds besides blood thinner, walking unaided, metabolism sorted out and sleeping very well BUT... I am post menopause, know all about hot flashes and menopause symptoms, but I have these chills and then clammy heat and...
  14. Giraffe44

    THR May is here!

    Peaches, that's not an Old Lady Glare, it's a Tough Lady Glare. I used it for 30 years as a teacher with great results. Even though I'm retired and older than you by a lot it still works. The other day 2 young things thought they would cut in front of me at the Disney bag check. One look and...
  15. Giraffe44

    Bilateral THR So, what now? Three years later and so it goes on and on

    I believe that the whole medical establishment is in a CYA (cover your bottom) mode. I've had some bad experiences, although nothing like yours, and got nowhere. Hang in there--maybe the next doctor will be the right one. You're in my prayers.:gaah:
Back
Top Bottom