Recent content by gillycat11

  1. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    :tree lights: I've had my hip monitoring appointment today. :reindeer: Hip Xray looking good. Range of movement good. "Good" hip not looking so good. Specialist asked if I was getting much trouble from it. Simple answer- not enough trouble to go double yet! A bit sore now and then- not stopping...
  2. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Hi @SaraK, @Layla and @Mojo333, things definitely on the up- not perfect but a very different place from this time last year. Haven't been on much as still have issue with app and can't do anything other than read posts on there but can't reply and life too hectic to pull laptop out all the...
  3. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Hi @SaraK, @Layla and @Mojo333, things definitely on the up- not perfect but a very different place from this time last year. Haven't been on much as still have issue with app and can't do anything other than read posts on there but can't reply and life too hectic to pull laptop out all the...
  4. gillycat11

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Keep up the good work! Have a great weekend- as much ME time as you need then - anything goes!
  5. gillycat11

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Not sure it would be advisable or beneficial in your case but I got a lot of relief from gentle 1 to 1 stretching and Pilates at our Pilates studio. Enjoy your weekend!
  6. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Enjoying new gym. Never did get personal trainer. Have kept on swimming, Pilates and now aqua aerobics. Hip holding up just fine. It's nice that aching is abdominal from abs work! And shoulders from poolside press ups! Got my road bike out at weekend too- only 2 miles, but despite the fact it...
  7. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    It's ok @SaraK, the swim IS my 'me time'. Should probably put a bit of walk and sleep in there too!:loll: Alas- the sleep has evaded me this afternoon :bawl: Guess it's going to be LONG night. :sad:
  8. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Hi @Jaycey - yes things are going ok. As far as traffic jams tomorrow- the longer the jam, the longer my sleep! Win win situation! :rofsign:
  9. gillycat11

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Not a great user of pain killers- preferred heat, cold and moving about or moving position to try to get relief. Codeine made me feel sick and dizzy post op, - used paracetamol most and still do on the odd occasion I get a niggle now - that and the odd occasion ibuprofen. That's only when I know...
  10. gillycat11

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Sorry you're having problems @SaraK, hope you get some relief soon. You,ve always been so supportive of me through this journey- sending you best wishes and hope for a speedy return to the dancing, kayaking and other much loved activities!:flwrysmile:
  11. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Not been on for a little while-9 months out and doing just fine. All work, swim,repeat. :swim::swim:On night shift tonight so chilling this afternoon- should be asleep but can't. Never was any good at banking sleep! I'll pay for it tomorrow when been up for over 24 hours! :tiredwheel: Heading...
  12. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    @lalibeila , I’m in Nortern England. The gong bath is at my local Pilates centre. I too swam like a maniac pre op. A mile at a time 3 or 4 times a week. I think it was all part of the denial thing I went through. Even up to my surgery date. It helped with my flexibility but also was very...
  13. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    Yes @Layla, denial is a big step to overcome in order to start the journey to recovery. I remember it well. Only he can make the decision on what to do and when to do it. It’s just sad seeing him struggling when I know there’s probably a solution or at least help if he accepts it. On a...
  14. gillycat11

    THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

    This week we've been in full celebration mode at work, on the news, on TV- in fact all over the UK celebrating 70 years of our NHS. Thanks to the NHS, I had my hip replacement, my meds, my physiotherapy, and the knowledge that should anything have gone wrong I had access to a whole range of...
  15. gillycat11

    THR The fun part

    Just caught up on the thread. ODIC strikes again! Been there, done that.........we've all got ...... and worn the Teeshirt! The ODIC club, a very select club. Not very exclusive, most of us join! But what makes this place great is that we can all empathise and smile knowingly, because tomorrow...
Back
Top Bottom