@MARYCOOL Yes, you likely feel similar to me - 2021 was all preparing for surgery, recovering from surgery, then preparing and recovering yet again. Even though I know I have more recovering to do, I'm just so thankful (and hopeful....) that it's just recovering from here on out.
I hope all of...
Update at 6.5 weeks. I went to PT on Tuesday, my second appointment since surgery. PT said I'm doing fine on my own and he doesn't need to see me anymore unless I have any concerns/issues. Of course he encouraged me to continue doing all of the exercises he prescribed before.... I do them...
I'm not sure what the actual numbers were since I hadn't been to PT in quite a while, but probably around 110 maybe? Although not great, that was enough to make me happy since at one point PT and OS were telling me I'd never get past 95 on that knee (that was before they diagnosed nerve issues...
Yes, my right knee has been a little more sore than it was before the left TKR. I figure it's because it's taking on more weight and duties while the left knee is recovering. Also, while I was under anesthesia for the left knee, my surgeon did take the opportunity to do (what he says was) a...
There were many reasons why I chose to go home the same day for my second TKR, but one of them was that I felt great (pain-wise) in the hospital when I stayed overnight the first time, and then I was sent home right about when the block was wearing off, so getting in and out of the car and into...
I agree that you should not wear a brace solely to be able to do more activity. Letting your leg heal until you can do those activities without the brace is probably best.
For sleeping, the first couple of nights I wrapped my leg back up in the wide Ace bandage that my leg was sent home in...
Hello @Joshkylie I just wanted you to know that you are not alone! I'm 45 and had both knees done this year. It's been a long year that feels like all I've done is recover from surgery, but I'm looking forward to a future of hiking, biking, just walking the dog without pain, etc.!
By the way...
I'm doing pretty well, but yes, even though I'm ahead of you by a couple of weeks, it's still really easy to overdo it. It's a constant cycle of feel pretty good, do too much, rest, feel better, do too much again!
I definitely get swelling in my quad when I've done a bit too much standing, or walking, or stairs. My knee itself feels pretty good, but it's the quad swelling that tells me I've overdone it yet again. Although the energy drain is not fun, it's probably the best for you to take a day off and...
It's so interesting to me how wildly different advice is from surgeon to surgeon, PT to PT, surgeon to PT, etc. etc.. At my 2 week appt with my surgeon I was encouraged to stop using my crutches as much as possible -- even though my PT 2 days before encouraged me to use them until I could walk...
What does the surgeon say? Has the surgeon talked to the insurance company? I would think it would be a huge risk for them to send him home - a fall, mixing up medications, etc. and perhaps if the surgeon talks to the insurance company he/she can pursued them to let him stay in the hospital for...
Personally, I wouldn't do any more today to wait and see how your knee feels this evening and overnight after that PT session. Then see how you feel tomorrow to decide whether it feels like you could do the exercises. I probably wouldn't do all 8 exercises 3x a day even if I felt good, though...
@LINYKnee Hang in there! My first knee (in May) was a bit like yours. I had PT in the hospital the same day, and then PT in home 3x a week, and outpatient PT for 2 more weeks. My knee was so swollen it just did not want to bend. Any exercises the PT wanted me to do just made it angry and then...
Almost 4 weeks since my second TKR this year. Yesterday one of my biggest things to be thankful for is that I only have 2 knees!
This one is going pretty well, though. I don't know what my ROM numbers are since I haven't been to PT for a couple of weeks, but I am able to go around on my...
I fully support your PT plan. I'm so sorry that your first TKR PT was so aggressive. It still is so crazy to me how PTs (and some OSs) do not seem to understand that the knee just needs to heal a bit. The first week is just getting the pain under control and making it to the bathroom....I don't...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.