Hi All... I had a great xmas and looking forward to going back to work in January only to be told mid January I no longer had a job as I wasn't able to work the 10 plus hours every day Monday to Friday like I used to do before my surgeries then I sort of spiralled out of control for a couple of...
Hey all started my fourth week back at work wow time goes quicker when back at work.
Still only doing 5 hours a day at work but could probably push to do more now, then go to hydrotherapy straight after work.
I still have a lot of pain in the afternoon/night which is annoying me but I just ice...
Hi all , first week back at work done and dusted and it was pretty good surprisingly I only did 5hrs each day Monday to Friday and to be honest thats about all I could handle as I have done a lot of walking at work.
Straight after work I go to the heated public pool for an hour or two to relax...
Well I can't believe this day has finally come.
I start back at work in 1 hour and 20mins and being able to catch up with everyone.
Doctor told me not to do anymore than 5 hours a day for the rest of this year and he would review it at the end of the year.
Doctor also told me if I can only...
Hi @Layla just an update, been and done 3 Hydrotherapy sessions so far and love it , lots of different exercises to do or not do as he doesn't push anything that I'm not comfortable with painwise.
Being in the heated pool after hydrotherapy session is just heavenly as I just sit in it for an...
Hi @Layla ,thank you wow 2 month anniversary wish I could say it went quick.
Not going back to hospital physio anymore as I'm not achieving anything from just doing the same old exercises they get me to do each week then be extremely sore for the rest of the day.
I'm delaying going back to work...
Hi All ,
Can I ask on here , I read an article on the internet a few weeks ago if I go to the dentist I will need to take Antibiotics before the visit now since I have had a THR, is this true??. Was going to ask my surgeon but since he didn't show up to my appointment and the hospital doctor I...
Hi all , its been a while just had my post operation check up with my surgeon … but my surgeon wasn't there and I got a junior doctor(not even a surgeon) that didn't know nothing about THR and couldn't even answer any bloody questions.
Basically all he could tell me was my wound looks good and...
Hi All , Saturday all I did was rest and ice with no physio exercises, I was real lazy but it felt good.
Today Sunday was all the same Ice and no exercises, except I went to the supermarket with my wife and walked around with crutches while doing the grocery shopping.
Pain wise has been good...
Hi @Layla I had Physio on Wednesday at hospital and he is concerned with me and is going to try and get hold of my Surgeon to see if he can see me any earlier than the 16th October , but also said he probably wont see me any earlier being a public hospital.
I went to my GP Friday afternoon and...
Hi , can someone tell me if possible after 4 weeks left THR is it normal to be unable to put any weight on my Left leg.
I'm still having to use two crutches and over the last 5 days I have had extreme pain in my left side groin area that wasn't there before like this and its like before I had...
Hi no I haven't had my post op appt yet I don't see my surgeon till 16th of October where he does xrays etc.
I did go back to the hospital 2 weeks after surgery but that was only seeing the hospital doctor to check wound site to make sure it was healing ok.
On my first THR back in June this...
Hi All , just asking about driving.. I drive a manual car and was wondering what time frame would it be safe to drive. This THR operation was on my Right Hip which is the clutch pedal for driving in Australia.
After my left leg THR I was able drive just after 4 weeks but I'm assuming accelerator...
Hi all Day 18 , All going good now moving around pretty good and the pain is fairly manageable.
I'm actually feeling human again as I have been out with my daughter and grand kids to the park which was awesome.
Saw the P.T last Wednesday and he has given me new exercises to do , but I'm only...
Hi @Mojo333 yeah I have knocked off all P.T , all I'm doing is icing and putting up my feet and relaxing(well relaxing as best as I can with this pain that's not letting up) I booked a GP appointment for the 13th September before my surgery as a back up for after my surgery as my first hip THR...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.