Recent content by GGAZ

  1. GGAZ

    Failed Arthroscopy - THR September 21st !

    @Johanna Hi! What did you have your arthoscopy for Johanna? I had a few things going on with my hip (torn labrum, bone spurs ect). But the real problem was I had severe arthritis. I made a very big mistake by having the arthoscopy because three months later I ended up having a Total Hop...
  2. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    @hippywoman Like I had mentioned, this problem existed before my surgeries. When I had an MRI there were so many problems with soft tissue (tendonitis bursitis ect) and of course torn labrum bone spurs and the icing on the cake bone on bone arthritis. I was so freaked out about having a hip...
  3. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    @Plum Perfect I have had PT for various sports injuries and surgeries more than I can count. My advice would be first and foremost to find the best PT you can. You are putting yourself in the hands of someone who can help you or unfortunately hurt you. Secondly, speak up immediately if they have...
  4. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    @CricketHip @DeepBreath @Mimi#51 went to PT today and discussed my problem. We started Active Release Therapy. I was so relieved to find he has been trained in this. So keeping my fingers crossed! Oh, I started driving today! Freedom! One more step towards normalcy !!!:loveshwr::spin: Hope...
  5. GGAZ

    THR Mimi#51 recovery thread

    @Mimi#51 you remind me of ME!! LOL. Pushing yourself a bit to hard. I had a difficult time in the beginning. I just wanted everything to be normal again. It will be in time. Take care of yourself!:flwrysmile:
  6. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    @CricketHip I'm seeing my PT tomorrow and will discuss my situation and see what they have to say. I had this problem prior to surgery so I know it hasn't been caused by it. I also know PT aggravates it a lot! I will aggressively seek a solution. I didn't come this far to end up with this pain...
  7. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. It's a beautiful cool morning here in Arizona. It has been four weeks today since my surgery. My recovery is going very well with the exception of one problem. My Psoas muscle. I had a problem with this prior to my surgery although at the time I...
  8. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Hi @Nana757 I have tried but I'm afraid once I fall asleep I'll move. I was so tempted last night to try and get on my stomach. I think the reason they don't advise that is the position your feet will be in (they should be pointed up). But I was thinking if I move down and let my feet hang over...
  9. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    @Nana757 and @Plum Perfect thank you so much for your support. I get angry with myself because I don't like being a cry baby:eeeuw:. I'm not sure but maybe part of it is weaning off my meds. They used to help me sleep but I'm pretty much done with them. The restrictions I was so worried about...
  10. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    So funny @Hip Hip Hooray! I remember saying millions of times I would end up needing a new hip! There are some positions the human body isn't meant to be in!
  11. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Hi @Nana757 thank you for checking in on me! I'm doing okay. I had been feeling more spunky, which probably lead me to doing more than I should. I am so exhausted but find it hard to sleep except for little cat naps. For me and I'm sure for others, it affects my mood:gaah:. I'm frustrated and...
  12. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Thanks @DeepBreath. Hugs to you!! How are YOU feeling? You are definitely right about this roller coaster. As much preparation I tried to make, there was really no way of knowing what life would be like on this side! It does get better everyday regardless of the challenges...
  13. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Thanks @Jaycey. It was so strange how quickly these feelings washed over me. One minute I was fine and then BOOM! Does make me feel a bit better knowing it's a normal reaction to everything I have been through.
  14. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Checking in! Hope all is well. From all the posts I read, everyone seems to be doing fine!! I can't believe it will be three weeks on Monday. I had my check up on Thursday and all went well. OS was calling staff in to watch me walk. No limp and no sign I just had my hip replaced. I can only...
  15. GGAZ

    THR On The Other Side

    Thanks @AndyH99 I appreciate all the support. Looks like you are moving along quite well yourself!! Have a wonderful day!!
Back
Top Bottom