Recent content by Gettinemdone

  1. G

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Karen, It sounds as if you are doing well. One thing I was asked at my first PT session after surgery was to kneel down. Of course I refused and said my surgeon said this could be a bad thing to do. I have since changed PT facilities and wonder what they were thinking. I suggest you only do what...
  2. G

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Brenda, St. Luke's has a great reputation as well. I am sure you will be in good hands. As a side note, you might want to see if your insurance will cover the cost of an Aircast "Cryo-Cuff" (or similar icing aid). It is an excellent tool for icing after surgery to reduce swelling and reduce...
  3. G

    46 and needing all weight bearing joints replaced

    Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I had BTKR 23 days ago and things are going well. The benefit you have is your youth should help with the recovery and I hope it does. My tip/recommendation is to get an Aircast Cryo-Cuff for icing after your surgery. This is a simple device that will make...
  4. G

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Brenda, I just saw this To all who have had their procedures, I wish you the best in recovery. I had bilateral TKR on Jan 15 and am recovering pretty well. Motion is good, but I am battling a bit with pain management. My advice is not to try to cut back on the meds too early or aggressively...
  5. G

    Just told I need TKR

    I just had BTKR on Jan 15 and came home from the rehab hospital yesterday. After years of procrastinating, I decided to go ahead and have the procedure. Things have gone very well for me and my range of motion on both knees is approximately 4 - 110 degrees. The PT people are very happy and...
Back
Top Bottom