46 and needing all weight bearing joints replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you on being "smart for surgery." Add what exercise you can, whether it's going to an arthritis exercise class at a pool, or walking each day, adding 10-15 steps a day. Maybe ask you doctor (now or in May) to set up some "pre-hab" PT, too.
 
Thanks for everyone support and words of encouragement. I'm at the gym today trying to get it together.
 
Thanks for everyone support and words of encouragement. I'm at the gym today trying to get it together.
Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I had BTKR 23 days ago and things are going well. The benefit you have is your youth should help with the recovery and I hope it does. My tip/recommendation is to get an Aircast Cryo-Cuff for icing after your surgery. This is a simple device that will make it easier and more effective when you ice your knees post surgery. I have one and it is the best thing for helping to manage swelling and pain (well, short of the Oxi).
Good luck to you ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom