Recent content by foodiex2

  1. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    I'm 5 months out and although the early stages of recovery were hell. The life I have back was well worth it! I would never wait to do my left one when or if it becomes painful like the first. So worth it!!! I learned I would never do it without a cpm machine (really beneficial for me and I...
  2. foodiex2

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Oh sorry ... You know all this already. Your first post showed up for me today... Now I see them all. Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  3. foodiex2

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Elevate above your heart and ice! Relax and breathe... It is a slow recovery, but it does get better. The first thing is to get the swelling down. Focus on that. Stretch it and bend it often but never to the point of pain. Give it time to settle down. Good luck! Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16...
  4. foodiex2

    TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

    @Clipless it's so good to hear of your progress ! My speed is slow also. Not sure about returning to my restaurant full time as planned in 3 weeks , that might have to be adjusted. I am happy to hear you have a bit more time. I started pool therapy with a tread mill in the water, I love it...
  5. foodiex2

    TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

    @MartialKnees, that is a nice post! I am thrilled you have such an amazing caregiver in your daughter! That will make a huge difference in your recovery!!! Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  6. foodiex2

    TKR Sleepilu in recovery

    Hi @sleepilu. I am 8 weeks out and the tight band feeling is still with me as well. I found massaging the area with vitamin e and bending in the shower really feel good. I also started water therapy it helps so much. It is so freeing to begin the water . Advil sure does help me also. I hope your...
  7. foodiex2

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    Hi @Timetolive just stopping by to see how you are doing. Thinking of you and hoping your bruising and pain are much improved Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  8. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    Today I measured at 105! From a little over 90 last Thursday! I have till Tuesday to decide on Mua . Will be 8 weeks on the 26th. Still a lot of stiffness but considering I gained 23 degrees in three weeks i am hopeful! Pool therapy begins on Thursday . I have 3 sessions before Tuesday night...
  9. foodiex2

    TKR Help Im still limping!<

    I have found that walking aids do not give me the ability to practice long strides because I am tall...a grocery cart does. I practice walking at the grocery store when it is slower. I find a good cart and really go for long smooth strides. We still want to protect the new knee .... I see...
  10. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    Merry Christmas everyone. I pray for a pain free day for everyone. Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  11. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    Hi all...It's been a tough road,trying to find a balance, to much therapy...To little therapy. I am 8 weeks on the 26th, I Still have a super stiff knee. Flexion a little over 90. I was stuck at a 77 until 2 weeks ago, but I have made gains since then. If I am not at least 105 by the 29th Ortho...
  12. foodiex2

    TKR knee pain at 9 weeks post-op right TKR Oct 15, 2015

    Watermelon was my favorite I could get enough. My taste did change. Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  13. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    @webbie73. I try all day everyday except when napping or icing to bend the knee it just locks up. I am pretty tough I own a restaurant and have worked 12 hour days prior with bad knee ... This is different it just freezes bending further feels like breaking bones... It's horriable the thought...
  14. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    Heart says Right knee arthroscopy Feb 16 2015 TRKR Oct. 26 Rtkr. Hematoma- result of Zarelto from 10/29/2015
  15. foodiex2

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    Hi all... So as you know I have been struggling with flexion . After hematoma was 63 -70 -77 -80 yesterday after massage I could get 85...today back to 80. See the Ortho today I know he will push for Mua. I am petrified of this as I believe I have inflammation issues and it will create further...
Back
Top Bottom