Recent content by flowergirl

  1. flowergirl

    New Here and have a question...

    I was actually diagnosed by walking, ok limping and dragging my leg past the OS on the first visit. He did x-rays and when I walked back into the exam room and looked at my x-rays I knew "something wasn't right". I had the cauliflower look on hip one and very blurred lines on hip two. First...
  2. flowergirl

    THR Limping

    With hip one I had "the shocks" actually mine were more like electrocutions...I would wake up from a sound sleep and find by body trying to curl into a fetal position. One day they went away...This time I had a few mild jolts while still in the hospital, asked the OS about it and he said put...
  3. flowergirl

    THR After thr have new arthritis issues.

    My OS doesn't like the looks of my left knee, but It has been like that since college and I'm going to keep it as long as possible. When I had hip one done there was no knee pain for about 6 weeks...then I started moving around more and hip two started acting up along with the knee. After hip...
  4. flowergirl

    THR Second verse NOT the same as the first!

    Went for my 2 week appointment yesterday...just as I expected, incision looks good, how are you feeling?, do you think you want out patient PT? Then he cracked a joke, yes my dry, serious, to the point OS cracked a joke! I told him I was surprised how much smaller the incision was for this hip...
  5. flowergirl

    THR Hospital and post-op experiences?

    Believe me you need to ice, elevate and medicate. I got all off schedule for just a day and a half and went from a dull ache to raging pain, including not being able to bear any weight on operated side...not fun. Call the OS office if you feel uneasy, I get a nurse who is very fast acting on...
  6. flowergirl

    THR Bionicmedic made it!!

    Don't get so comfy you forget to ice, elevate and medicate by the clock...It doesn't take very long to undo all the good, I learned that the hard way... Everyday will get better!!!!
  7. flowergirl

    THR Second verse NOT the same as the first!

    ahhhhhh what a great 2 days I have had. I love it when I wake up only feeling a bit stiff and get thru my PT with almost ease. Another oddity with hip 2...with hip 1 I had trouble with all exercises that had the leg going forward, out to the side no problem...this hip is the total opposite. I...
  8. flowergirl

    THR Second verse NOT the same as the first!

    Tibs hugs and kisses from that furry face will do wonders for recovery!!!!
  9. flowergirl

    THR Second verse NOT the same as the first!

    No I don't live alone, it's me, Dad and the Boston Terrier. Dad wants more take out this time around and Bubba is so confused because we just did this why do I have to practice being gentle again???? The sea legs are back...this morning I got up to use the bathroom and was half way back into...
  10. flowergirl

    THR Bionicmedic made it!!

    you will be dancing soon!!! :spin: :happydance: :spin:
  11. flowergirl

    Signed Up For #2 Hip

    hope all is going well! I am playing catch-up today as long as the new hip likes the office chair!
  12. flowergirl

    THR Second verse NOT the same as the first!

    OK before everyone panics rest assured that I do not regret my decision to have hip 2 done! All went well but as it was with the first getting back on the computer was not a priority. Not that I don't love and miss you all a I think it is a mental block...no computer no thoughts about work...
  13. flowergirl

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Nice to see the half baked pie pic gone! Every time I saw that I wanted pie... I had some intense back pain before hip one, all gone now unless I sit to long. I think moving helps. WOW! If we both start moving, walking, and doing all the right stuff we wont be overweight and out of...
  14. flowergirl

    Bionicmedic surgery countdown begins today!

    I had to practice everything before hip one...I found out that getting into the SUV was much easier than getting into my car. Actually getting into my car would have broken the 90 degree rule unless I put the roof down! Definitely pack a pillow to sit on and lean against, SUV's aren't the...
  15. flowergirl

    its all a bit new and daunting

    I have had people look at me and say "but you are so young"...if I had known this was my problem years ago I would have been even younger! Don't think it is going to get better, today you had trouble getting up off the floor, tomorrow you wont be able to pick something up off the floor. Your...
Back
Top Bottom