Recent content by Firebrand

  1. Firebrand

    Anyone had IT band surgery?

    Hi @skigirl, yes I've had two lots of cortisone, unfortunately neither touched the pain, as the inflammation is too deep. I had flu over xmas and had to take to my bed for the best part of a week. I think it was the only time that I didn't have the big lump on my hip, due to not sitting or...
  2. Firebrand

    Anyone had IT band surgery?

    Thanks for all the helpful responses. The bursitis has been my main problem with pain for a couple of years now, which has lead to problems with the IT band. I saw my surgeon just before xmas which is when he recommended the surgery. Since then I have been seeing a physio who has been helping me...
  3. Firebrand

    THR help

    Clearly I am no medic, but I have something called Trochanteric Bursitis which sounds similar. I have pain on walking, standing, and can't sleep on my operated side. I have just got back from physio, and she said the pain I get in my glutes is connected to how the bursitis has knocked me off centre.
  4. Firebrand

    THR help

    Hi Mark. Sorry to hear that. Can you describe where the pain is?
  5. Firebrand

    Anyone had IT band surgery?

    Hi there forum. It's been a while since I was here. I had THR two years ago this month, and have been struggling with pain since. The surgeon diagnosed Bursitis, but despite two rounds of steroid injections, it hadn't gone away, so he has now recommended surgery to release the IT band. I'm...
  6. Firebrand

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Hi Queenie. I was also disappointed to find that I have pain after standing or walking for more than around 20 mins. I was diagnosed with bursitis, so had a cortisone injection into my hip, which unfortunately didn't help. I then paid a small fortune to a physio who did all sorts to me, gave...
  7. Firebrand

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    I've given in and gone back to my GP to be referred for a steroid injection for the bursitis. I figured that if it was going to sort itself out it would have done so by now. The good news is I must have spent about three hours gardening in the spring sunshine yesterday, and it was lovely. Got...
  8. Firebrand

    THR A Bionic Octopus!

    Welcome to the one year mark!
  9. Firebrand

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    Hi @designergirl. Like you, I celebrated my first anniversary this month. What a change a year brings! I didn't manage as much gardening as I'd hoped last year as I wasn't ready for it when the garden needed it. But I'm looking forward to getting out there this year. Like @nessiepie I'm also...
  10. Firebrand

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    Greetings Hipsters. Today is my one year anniversary. Having just read Selin's post, I agree that the pre-op pain seems like a distant memory. Almost. Whilst I can celebrate my new right hip, the past six months or so has seen my left hip starting to show warning signs - that sharp intake of...
  11. Firebrand

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi Kim. I agree with Sharonslip when she says that we only real post the edited versions of our recoveries. Like you, I seem to deal with one niggle, only for it to be replaced by another. To look at my walking, it would probably look completely normal. but the pain that I feel now in my ankle...
  12. Firebrand

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    Littlejem I am jealous. It is still beyond me at six months.
  13. Firebrand

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi - I did them every morning and evening for about a month. they only take about 5 mins a session. The only reps are those that I have marked x10 - otherwise its usually just once for 30 secs. I've got another set of harder exercises to do now, but still do them morning and evening. My...
  14. Firebrand

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    Is anyone else able to sleep on their operated side yet?
  15. Firebrand

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi Kim. I would say that within a couple of weeks of doing the exercises I was improving ie I was able to stand on one leg without wobbling all over the place. I missed a key exercise off: Lie on your bed, on your back. Bring my feet in towards your bum, and leaving your head and shoulders...
Back
Top Bottom