Recent content by Fiona444

  1. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hi there @Mojo333 ! Thank you for the information re what they are looking for. That makes sense. @ceezee Thats interesting. Yes all different. I have decided I will go. I will let you all know what he says. Thanks all
  2. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Thank you ladies :) @Elf1 Lovely to hear from you too hippy sister! I hope you are doing well? Lovely to see you here as an advisor now! @Hippielife thank you for sharing your experience. Yes I agree that hip life is not guaranteed and things happen without warning. I am wary about dislocation...
  3. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hello everyone, I had my hip replaced in July 2019. I was extremely fortunate not to experience any issues at all. i have not seen my surgeon since and he has suggested a review with xray. My question is is this really necessary if I am not experiencing any problems? Thank you :)
  4. Fiona444

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Happiest of Hipiversaries to my hippy sister :) So wonderful to see you giving your time to help others. Delighted to hear you are doing so well xx
  5. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Last Sunday at the time of a hill :)
  6. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hello everyone! Today marks 1 year since I had my right hip replaced. What a wonderful year it has been and am so grateful for all the support I received before and after from the lovely folk on this forum. I was incredibly lucky that I had a quick recovery and no complications. I remember this...
  7. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Happy Christmas Eve one and all! Eye surgery was done last Monday and went very well. I can see so much better than I ever could! They are still settling down and healing so will not know the final outcome for a few weeks yet. I had to have a stitch in one eye but the other twanged back easily...
  8. Fiona444

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    Oh what a bummer re the pain. I am sorry ! Delighted your new hip is not giving you grief though! Hopefully they will be able to find out what is bugging you and sort it! All good wishes coming your way!
  9. Fiona444

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Hi Barbara! Yes I can relate to wistfulness at Christmas. I have lost both parents many years ago and it is around Christmas that the thoughts come back tenfold. Sorry too about the aches and fatigue but hopefully they did not hamper you too much. We are putting the lights and decs up this...
  10. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Ahh you guys are wonderful. Thank you all so much. I keep telling people about this place and the wonderful sources of information and support. I keep revelling in the fact that this time last year was so different and I remember talking to my friend about the worst thing about ageing. I said it...
  11. Fiona444

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Hi @Elf1 Happy Hippersary! I am sorry that you are dealing with some grizzles but hopefully your mind will be put at rest when you see the doc. That sucks that your appt was cancelled! It really messes with head when that happens I know. Overall though it sounds like you are progressing well and...
  12. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hello all. Thought I would pop in to give you my 5 months update. I have done a couple of 9 mile walks with absolutely no issues, tramping through some horrendous sticky deep mud with no concerns. I have also helped with some building and digging work in the garden which no way could I have done...
  13. Fiona444

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hey @Jaycey the weather is cold and rainey but we are MUCH luckier than many with the flooding. I hope its not too bad where you are? I certainly am enjoying my hip. Just walked 6 miles this morning and it was WONDERFUL :)
  14. Fiona444

    THR Here I go again!

    Hey Jules! Sounds like all is good in your world. I am happy for you. Happy Hippiversary for you for tomorrow!
  15. Fiona444

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Hey @Barbaraj just popping in to say hi! Sorry you are still getting aches but I am sure the exercises are benefitting you. I find the worst thing is to do nothing. Also its hard to see progress in ourselves until we look way back. Keep up the good work. I bet when you review your posts next...
Back
Top Bottom